Happy Birthday to a VERY Special Snake!

Happy Birthday to our sweet Apophis, the Mexican Black Kingsnake that ignited our passion for these amazing animals and the reason we made a career spending each and every day with our slithery family! Apophis has touched so many lives from the moment he hatched 7 years ago. We love and appreciate him greatly and look forward to spending many more years with him as he continues to enlighten and inspire those around him. Happy Birthday, my handsome boy! :purple_heart:

31 Likes

Happy birthday! He’s beautiful.

4 Likes

May he live many many more years.

3 Likes

Happy Birthday Apophis! I love all your beautiful creatures, but he’s absolutely gorgeous! :heart_eyes: :black_heart:

1 Like

Is that a child holding him, or is he a VERY chunky boy? :rofl:

2 Likes

Happy belated to the serpent version of Black Beauty. What an adorable dude he is and I bet he is a great ambassador to his kind.

2 Likes

LOL my little one (3 at the time this photo was taken) was holding him. He is a relatively large MBK, just short of 6ft, but he’s not the morbidly obese chonker this unflattering picture portrays him to be. His body condition is toned, he lifts weights.

5 Likes

My thoughts exactly, I was like bleep that’s a big MBK!!

2 Likes

I have a two year old MBK and would love to see what yours looks like. We are wanting to upgrade him from his 40 gallon to something bigger that will fit him his entire life. Wanna get an idea of what he could eventually be.

2 Likes

Here’s a decent photo representative of his size. This was taken a little over a year ago so he’s a bit bigger than this now. Regarding enclosure size, I tend to find that with most snake species, bigger is always better. Most of my adult Kings are kept in 6ft. enclosures. They will utilize every inch of space you offer them (given you also provide environmental enrichment).

10 Likes

Wow. I don’t know anyone who has an adult so it’s been tough gauging how big my little guy is going to get. He was supposedly 3 when I got him a year ago

4 Likes

Well you know that the camera adds 10 lbs.

1 Like

What a beautiful baby!

2 Likes