Happy Birthday to me...new Misfit sand boa

Got a nee Misfit Mascot 2day for my Birthday!!

12 Likes

Naming him Finn Balor

2 Likes

What a poor baby! I love him! I am super happy to see him in a good home with you.

2 Likes

He functions normally…cant help it he has one eye…he is an absolute sweetheart…glad I got him!! I already have a one eye…missing his right named Odin…now I have one missing his left…lol

4 Likes

Do you have some pictures of his enclosure?

1 Like

I just brought him home 2day…he is in a temp cage with aquarium sand. ( the right kind)

1 Like

Here soon Ill set him up like Odin…here is his cage

2 Likes

This is my main male Breeders cage…

Versace

2 Likes

Any idea how the poor feller lost his eye, i assume its not a birth defect due to what looks like some scarring there?
My first snake [Beverly the normal sand boa] decided to puncture her eye on a live aloe plant that was in her enclosure years ago. Poor thing had to put up with me putting an ointment on her eye for the next month twice a day, but with the vets and my actions we saved her eye thankfully!

1 Like

The previous owner didnt know…I thought that too thO…doesn’t look like a birth defect

1 Like

What a perfect name!

2 Likes

Ok…so misunderstood…I aked orginally…never got a definite answer ( just got Sunday)…she sent her Mom to meet me with him…who didnt know. Been talking to her abunch today (day off for both of us) Turns out…the owner before…tryed to take his stuck eye cap off with a freaking like scrub pad!!! Like wtf…it ruptured his eye & he was rushed to the vet…who removed the eye actually. thats been when he was six months old… poor guy!!! I feel so bad for him…he is sooo sweet

4 Likes

Ima treat him very well…

3 Likes

Kinda crazy…I found him randomly on Craigslist looking for cages… & made a new Keyan friend now…who is starting up breeding keyans too…she took him as a rescue orginally. Im happy to have made a new friend too randomly as well now!!! He is just bringing light!!!

1 Like

There is a reason…I didn’t buy a snake @ the last expo!! I was waiting for him & didnt know it yet …lol lol

2 Likes

A scrub pad? On an eye cap?? What the heck is wrong with people???

So glad this sweet boy is with you now.
(PS - I have an Odin, too!)

1 Like

:anguished: Wtf indeed. People suck sometimes.

He’s precious! Glad this cutie has found a good home, with someone who knows not to scrub his eyeball to the point of rupturing it.

1 Like