Hatching Time!

So hatching has begun at our small time breeding! First baby is out and looking good! Now begins the waiting game for the rest to come on out and join the world.

These little ones are survivors! After a fall, mold of two different kinds, humidity problems, and windowing it seems we have some strong little noodles.

17 Likes

11 Likes

Feisty baby! What was your pairing?

2 Likes

Anery Female with unknown hets to Wild Type Tessera male. Little one above came out Amel which is very surprising but I have heard that many corns probably have some “muddying” of common morphs mixed into them.

3 Likes

Cool, nice when they have unknown hets that match up. Are you sure that’s an amel? The eyes look dark to me.

2 Likes

I’ll get some more pics once he sheds. But say the eyes are dark… What could we be looking at?

A hypo type, perhaps. Maybe ultramel? Can you post pictures of the parents?

Arghdad is in blue! And on my new phone I don’t have a pic of him that’s that good at showing him. Here’s what he looks like today in blue.

And here is mom

As far as I knew he was just a normal type Tessera and she’s just a standard Anery

5 Likes

Hmm, yeah those morphs look correct. Well I’ll be interested to see the baby after its shed and also the other babies.

2 Likes

Here’s pics of his belly scales, eyes and pattern. The pattern show little bits of yellow in them.

Also yes, I’m a big baby and wore a glove to handle him for the first time. He’s still really nippy and I stupidly jerk away like he’s an adult whenever he strikes. With a glove on I don’t and it makes him less strike happy with me not flinching away.

5 Likes

Second baby is out! And we have another making bubbles with egg goo as his nose sticks out. This one I think is just a normal baby though. Will be Het for Anery/Amel considering how his sibling turned out red.

6 Likes

Last one out and we have a Tessera!! This is what I was breeding for and what future projects revolve around. Welcome to the world Meteorite! And nearly double the size of his brothers and sisters.

6 Likes

How awesome is that!!:blush:

3 Likes

Really pretty tessera!

3 Likes

The siblings to the amel baby would be het anery, 66% possible het amel

1 Like