Heat for male Ball Pythons

I was making a blanket statement initially. Clarified in that quote. Again just sharing information from an experienced breeder. I appreciate hearing other perspectives and experiences as well. I won’t really form an opinion on it until i test things myself but I agree with the skepticism that a small boost in ambient temps with a hot spot would be enough to effectively kill off retained sperm.

1 Like

Right but still incorrect we should definitely be pointing out information that is incorrect. And Brandon is as experienced as any breeder on here if not more. And he is giving us the information directly given he track record of success I’m going to listen to his first hand knowledge. There is a lot of outdated info that still gets passed around when it becomes apparent it isn’t correct we need to be pointing it out as a community.

2 Likes

I’ve never used a hot spot when using 84 ambient. 24/7 for years. Everything from Kingsnakes to bloods, balls, carpets, macklots, green tree pythons to Redfoot tortoises.

11 Likes

Omg those baby short tail twins pipping together :heart_eyes::hugs::heart: Cutest thing I’ve seen in a while.

3 Likes

Such big heads! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Right?? The combined size of their heads almost looks bigger than the egg, yet somehow their bodies and heads both fit inside. Reptile magic!

2 Likes

I’m always amazed at how big some of the babies are inside seemingly small eggs. Like yo bro where did you come from lol

3 Likes

Like inside dis egg bro, I was like all folded and stuff. It was pretty tripy, if I say my dog.

lol :joy:

2 Likes

I’ve always been surprised by that too. Here’s a picture of a crested gecko hatching. The egg is absolutely tiny but the gecko somehow fit inside of there, and you can’t see the tail in the picture which is also a significant size. I’m not trying to hijack the thread but I figured some of you might be interested in this.

2 Likes