Hello all the way up in Minnesota

Howdy everybody.
I’m Joe, from the beautiful state of MN.
I’ve been on here for awhile now, but finally decided it’s time to break out of my shell a bit. I’m not the biggest people person, but have found this community to be very accepting and thought I’d finally comment here and there on the topics and posts I’ve so enjoyed over the years. I joined MM last year in the fall, but have visited this site for about 4 years.
I’ve kept over 15 species of snakes and 3 species of lizards( found out I’m not a lizard guy at all). Snakes truly are my passion in life and I try to read all I can when I can on them. I started in ball pythons as many of you do, but I’m now down to one ball( my pied Pistolero) and focus my collection around retics. I fell in love with giant snakes when I used to own boas, in particular Vasuki my old Common Red-tailed.
I want to say thank you to those who’s knowledge has helped me learn very much from this community on MM. And one day when I breed my retics I hope I can share my love with the amazing species retics are with some of you. I also plan to do educational programs, mainly for the younger folk to try and help our hobby get more understanding that snakes are highly intelligent and misunderstood creatures.
I also own 2 cats( Iolaus and Sancho) and my fiancée recently was able to find her dream dog( Hera).
Hope you all are doing well and keeping safe during this pandemic, remember nothing lasts forever!

6 Likes

I’m not much into people either, Just don’t understand them much. Welcome Man.

2 Likes

Thank you man, appreciate it.

HI Joe! We are happy to have you here, and hope you join in to conversations more often :slightly_smiling_face: love the name of your pied.

1 Like

Thank you for the welcome and compliment on Pistolero’s name. His name is from the Larry Bishop movie: Hell Ride. One of my favorites of all time.

1 Like

Welcome from another Minnesota resident.
Owning a Retic is on my Bucket list.

I am a Geckophile

1 Like

Thank you. Nice to meet another Minnesotan.
I would highly recommend it. You need to do a lot of research before you ever made a commitment, and make sure 100% you want a retic. I’ve found them to be very rewarding but they take a lot of work.
Have you owned snakes in the past?

1 Like