Hello everybody, Snake guy from Iowa here

Greetings! My name is Travis, and as you may have guessed, I am from Iowa. I have always loved snakes, I was one of those kids who were always out playing in nature, catching garter snakes, salamanders, turtles, and just about anything else I could find and study.

Boa Constrictors have always been among my top favorites, acquiring my first when I was 16 from a Petco. I named her Boe, as I didn’t know her actual sex for many years.

Then 2 years ago, I acquired a male and female Anery het Albino (Kahl) that I might pair up when they come of age. Actually, I’m kind of looking for a moonglow to add to the pool sometime as well.

I have also started collecting a few Ball Pythons with plans on possibly breeding them in the future. I currently have 2 adult normal females, 1 adult Yellowbelly female, a 400gr Pinstripe het Ghost female, and an 800gr Butterbelly male. I am thinking about adding one more adult female of something from the BEL complex, and maybe one more male, probably a Yellowbelly Leopard mixture, or Bamboo or something.

I look forward to engaging with the community and learning everything I can. It will be nice to have some like-minded individuals to speak with.

Best Regards
Travis

7 Likes

Welcome to the community Travis! I’m always glad to see people joining the community such as yourself and I hope you have nothing but a great experience on the forums like I have so far!

2 Likes

Welcome Travis :blush: :wave: all the way from Manchester, England.

I look forward to seeing your collection and new additions you get :grin:

2 Likes

Thank you for the welcome, I appreciate it!

2 Likes

Hey Travis! I grew up in Mt Pleasant, college in Des Moines area and lived there for a few years before moving out here to Indy. Welcome!

2 Likes

Welcome travis

1 Like

Welcome to the community Travis! Do you have some pictures of your cute snakes :smiley:

1 Like

Welkom from all the way opgrimbie belgium

1 Like

Thank you everybody, I do have a few pics but they aren’t the greatest. I’ve been meaning to take new ones.

Male Anery het albino (kahl) Boa

Female Anery het albino (kahl) Boa

Female Pinstripe het ghost Ball

Male Butter belly Ball

Female adult Normal Balls

Female adult Yellow Belly Ball

8 Likes

I like what you did with the deer antlers. I bet they will definitely use it when they shed

1 Like

Thanks! I have plenty of them laying around and they needed some kind of structure in there for them to climb on. I will be adding some better hides in there soon as well.

1 Like

I agree those look like a pretty good idea. I struggle a bit to find “good” stuff to put in mine, I’m not paying thirty bucks for an imitation driftwood piece from a pet store and a lot of little cheap stuff isn’t sturdy enough. Antlers might be the play!

1 Like

They seem to be working well, and I find the boas out climbing around on them quite often. Plus, as Nathan_e stated, I bet they will help with shedding as well.

1 Like

Do you find them using it as a shed post or do they actively climb it? Either way it looks nice and creative

I just put them in there not long ago so they haven’t seen a shed yet. But they do climb on them, when they decide to leave their hides that is lol.

1 Like