Hello from Kentucky

Hi everyone; I’m new to this community and just wanted to introduce myself. I’m Kayla and I live in Kentucky. I currently only have 2 sweet, wonderful ball pythons but as of tomorrow, I will be stepping into the Boa world and I’m so excited. I’m open to any and all advice!!! :slight_smile: Hope everyone is having a good start to your November!

10 Likes

Welcome to the community Kayla :blush:

First things first, let’s see them two beauties you have so far :eyes:.

I bet you are both excited and nervous for tomorrow :grin: if you have any questions at all, no matter how silly, feel free to ask.

4 Likes

Welcome! What part of Kentucky do you live in? My fiancé is from Kentucky and we live in southern Indiana :grin:

Please do show us your noodle babies!

3 Likes

Welcome! I’m in KY as well - Casey county. I’m a kingsnake guy.

3 Likes

Welcome to community mormphmarket! Sorry I am late. As they all have said show the noodles!!!

1 Like

The first picture in the pumpkin is Malachi. He’s about 1 years old. The second picture is Morticia and she’s a baby!! Just a few months old.

6 Likes

Thank you! Yes I am both excited and nervous haha. I met the breeder here on Morph Market and he’s been so great! Talked to me on the phone for almost 2 hours! He said she can hiss sometimes before he picks her up, but I’ve been doing a TON of reading and I read that for baby boas that’s pretty normal? And as long as I handle her a lot, it will cease as she gets older. Is this true?

2 Likes

I live in Bowling Green! I’m a professor at Western Kentucky University. I have spent a lot of time in southern Indiana also. Where is your fiancé from?

1 Like

Here’s Malachi giving me what I like to think are nose kissies haha

4 Likes

He’s from Owensboro! It’s about an hour from Bowling Green, where we live now is about 2 hours from there.

1 Like

Oh yes I mountain bike in Owensboro all the time!!! Small world!!!

Boas are a great choice. I am a little biased because my first snake was a boa. The defensiveness goings away very quickly with the right handling and time. Welcome to the community by the way. It is always awesome to have more people joining and being willing to learn about the hobby that we all love. :heart:

2 Likes

Thank you!!! I’m so excited to learn more and more!!! There’s SO MUCH to learn haha!

2 Likes

My new boa friend and her cute, cute face…heading into quarantine! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

She is very beautiful :+1:
Having a boa is a great experience😁

2 Likes

I am already amazed by her!

1 Like

Great looking boa!

2 Likes

Welcome to the community.
Beautiful boa, I think you’re going to find her to be your favorite snake in your collection.
Boas are amazing pets and really are so docile and kind snakes.

3 Likes