Hello from North Florida (Live Oak)

I am a 39 year old white male redneck. I have always been interested in ball pythons, but never bought one. I am thinking about it, as I will be going to a Reptiles and exotics show this Saturday in Valdosta Georgia.

1 Like

Welcome to the community

1 Like

Welcome!

Hopefully you find one there! Keep us updated if you chose to take the plunge! They’re worth it :wink:

1 Like

Thanks, I may not purchase this weekend, but I will definitely be looking and asking questions

Welcome semi-local redneck! I’m not sure how big the Valdosta show will be this go-around, it hasn’t attracted the big ball python breeders yet (and the other ball python breeders in the area, like myself, haven’t bothered with a Georgia pet dealer license to vend at shows for multiple reasons). I’ll probably be there on Sunday manning the Georgia Reptile Society table.

If you don’t find what you want at the show feel free to reach out to me. There are a lot of smaller breeders in south Georgia (including myself and Twisted Ambition Reptiles) and I’m fairly familiar with their inventory. Barring that, I know what some of the bigger breeders have hatching (like Bob Vu), so I’d be glad to point you in the right direction.

Enjoy the show!

1 Like

Welcome to the community the Florida Georgia line is my old stomping grounds!

1 Like

Welcome fellow Floridan :tada::tada::tada:

@floridaredneck I am happy that you chose this community to grow and find other enthusiasts. What are your favorite morphs? There are so many people here that are willing to answer any questions you have including one about; care, this site, MorphMarket , and so much more. Don’t be afraid of getting plugged in, we all love reptiles here :heart:
Again welcome and I hope that you enjoy it.

1 Like

Im not looking to get a morph right now, I need to get a starter snake, and then think about morphs when I have a better handle on snakes and their upkeep and stuff. Where in Florida are you? Like I said, I’m in Live Oak, near Georgia.

1 Like

I am in south Florida, treasure Coast

Morphs that don’t have “issues” have as much upkeep as any normal ball python, by the way :grin:

I was born and raised in Fort Lauderdale area, just moved up here in Oct. of 2019. Im talking about issues on my end, not the snakes end. I need to get myself sorted out, before I go spending thousands on a snake.

1 Like

No one is saying spend thousands, that is for people that are doing the breeding thing. There are many morphs that cost less than $300. Just make sure you buy from a reputable breeder, and everything will work out wonderful. :grin:

1 Like

yeah I have been looking at the “store” on here, and there are some beautiful morphs. I like the pied pumpkin one the most.

1 Like

I think you have the right of it with patience. Youll definitely want time to research them and ask questions, get a good setup ready, and before investing big money into rare morphs, working on your husbandry with a normal isnt a bad idea at all.

Welcome to the community!

2 Likes

It just seems logical to me. I know NOTHING about snakes or husbandry, or anything, so I need to learn, and get a good handle on things before I go and buy a $1000+ snake.

1 Like

100%, sounds like youve got a good head on your shoulders. Good luck on the learning curve amd please dont hesitate to ask questions if you have them. My ball python knowledge isnt that great, but several other members have been around the block for some time.

Carpet pythons are where my knowledge is, fiesty buggers haha.

1 Like

Welcome to the community! Sounds like you are being smart with your decision. I did the exact same and have now moved up to a breeder. There is nothing wrong with a normal.

1 Like

Welcome to the Community. I am newbie on here’s well. I received my first Ball python as a gift from my Brother a couple years ago. He is a 6 year old Piebald. Love pieds.
I have 5 now. 3 which will be here this week. I Researched a lot and have ask many questions on here and friends that have Ball pythons.
All my babies that I have bought should be ready to breed by the time my retirement gets here. I learn something new from the good people on MorphMarket community all the time.
You will like it here.

3 Likes