Hello from Sonoma County California

Hello, I been around reptiles my whole life. I got into leopard geckos around 2003. My favorite morph is snow and wy. I breed a lot of different snow morphs with some tangs, radars and anything else that catches my eye in-between. I attached a few of the many breeders I have.

atomicheteclipse

9 Likes

Hello and welcome to the morphmarket community! I am also in love with snow leopard geckos but as of right now I only have 2 Mack snow eclipse, and one Mack snow Murphy’s Patternless.

4 Likes

Welcome to the community!!! Glad to see more gecko breeders joining!

3 Likes

Welcome! Sounds like we got into leos around the same time! I also love Snows- do you have a favorite type? I have 2 Mack Snows as pets (a Snow Diablo Blanco & a Stealth), and I don’t have any TUG or Gem Snows yet. My favorite Snow is definitely the Albey Snow. I only have 1 gecko left that I got directly from Albey Scholl, but I have quite a few others that carry Albey genetics. I’m way more of a pet owner than a breeder (I have kept every gecko I’ve hatched out thus far), but it’s definitely super exciting breeding 2 leos and then waiting to see what results!

1 Like

I have Mack Snows, Tug phantoms and Gem snows. I also have Dreamsickles and Super Snow Enigma. Back in the day, Albey did have some very nice leos. Now I believe they breed ball pythons. I went from breeding, to having a couple as pets and finally buying and getting into breeding again after a 5 year break. Even then, I didn’t breed in 2019 and 2020. The 2021 season I will pair 6-8 females. I currently have 36 leos. 7 are for sale, 3 are rescues and the rest are my breeders and pets.

1 Like

Yeah, Albey hasn’t bred leopard geckos for a long time. His gecko stock was sold to Sasobek, and now @impeccablegecko is the only one I know of carrying the torch for the Albey Snows.

When it comes to snows, the main source of frustration is that it’s not clear if TUGs & Gems are selectively bred lines popularized by their creators, or if they’re something with a simpler pattern of inheritance (like Macks).

I’m not really sure how many geckos I have right now- is that a bad sign? :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Not at all lol. At one point I had 60 leopard geckos(2007 I think) . I had homemade racks and tanks everywhere. I try to keep my amount low because I have other lizards as pets. But on saying that, I’m thinking of getting 2 more species(I already have 5 species lol) I just don’t breed my other species. I just enjoy them as pets.

3 Likes