Help! Has bad head wobble

1 Like

What are the morphs of each of them? Do all 3 have wobble, how many snakes do you have? Can you add information about what’s going on.

3 Likes

Yeah sorry I got them from a guy I met and he told me that it’s a banana cinnamon phantom yellow belly bling and I didn’t really get much info on the parents that’s them in the pictures I posted. The baby has a bad head wobble but he said there was no spider gene

1 Like

Is it just the baby that had head wobble? How long have you had them?

Do you have more info on the enclosure, temperature & humidity?

That baby looks like it could have HGW in it. Spider is not the only morph with neuro.

5 Likes

Not seeing HGW in there, looks to be as advertised to me.
@lmc09, have you done any type of quarantine treatment on these animals?

3 Likes

It could be anything from genetics to high temperature to chemicals or failed mite treatment.

2 Likes

My first impression of that snake was hidden gene woma mixed in as well. If it has a wobble, that would be the missing piece of the puzzle.

High temperatures can cause stroke and thus wobble, and mite treatments done improperly can cause neurological problems (permethrin is a neurotoxin), but those would be more difficult to prove.

Do all three snakes wobble or just the banana combo?

4 Likes

From what I understood the top one is the baby of the two parents whose pictures are lower. The baby is the only one with the wobble.

1 Like

@erie-herps , thanks, I missed that. Definitely no hgw in either adult, but is anyone else seeing spotnose in the mother? I know only super spotnose is supposed to wobble, but…

I agree :point_up:

I do not

Also doesn’t have to be a genetic trait causing the wobble.

I personally think this :point_up: Is most likely the culprit

2 Likes