Help ID Clutch

Pairing was Purplehead Tremper blood tangerine het eclipse x snow tremper het eclipse. Not the results i was expecting

4 Likes

Are you sure on ID of male and female? If not, can you post pictures of them so our gecko people ( @mblaney & @erie-herps ) can look them over?

3 Likes

Those look more or less what I would expect from that pairing- Trempers and Snow Trempers +/- Eclipse. There might be some W&Y involved but that’ll be slightly more apparent when older.

5 Likes

It will be easier to ID them once they are a bit older and their colors and patterns come through. So far it looks like what I would expect. They look like they are all albinos but I’m not great at identifying the snow (I’ll go with what @mblaney said, so some are snow). You can determine eclipse by the eyes. We would need pictures of both eyes of each gecko to determine that.

4 Likes

I actually totally forgot that Mack Snows are born with smudged patterns (I’ve heard), so I’m not sure if any of them are single-copy Mack Snows or not.

2 Likes

Mom and dad both came from reputable breeders.

1 Like

These are the only 2 from last year.

2 Likes

Sorry im new to leopard gecko morphs, this is my 16 year olds first project. I am a snake guy. What is the visual difference between a Tremper snow and a Tremper. Ive tried looking at adds and pics but there seems to be a lot of natural variations.

2 Likes

Mack snow usually decreases orange/yellow pigment and slightly different patterns. I think the snow is a very low expression snow so it would be hard to identify. Snows are very variable so if you want to work with snow, when you buy the parents you want to make sure it’s very obvious in the parents so you’re working with high-expression genes. I don’t want to make assumptions but if your male was the one with snow I think it came from a breeder who often works with low-expression genes, since it looks similar to ones I’ve seen on the marketplace with those genes from that breeder.
I think right now the hatchlings have a low-expression snow, so if you aren’t able to tell the difference if you sell them you should just say that they could be snow. But just because they are low expression snow doesn’t mean they aren’t beautiful geckos, because I love how they look and the albinos are very bright.

2 Likes