Help Id this oddball crested gecko

Squall is kinda an oddball and looks nothing like mom and dad (see attached). Can you help me id his morph and if anyone understands the possible genetic influence to his pattern I would love to know more! I also included and image of them at a younger age. Also why are there suddenly dalmation spots!?

Uploading: 20210604_224131.jpg…

6 Likes

Not an oddball!
With genetics it doesn’t just come down to parents but also down to grandparents, etc. And what ever else is further down the line.
You won’t just get out Cresties similar to parents, I’ve had some right kinder surprises with my lot :grin:
He’s a 99% Pinstripe harlequin Dalmatian :blush:

5 Likes

One or both parents must carry the genes of dalmation and as he had a few when he was younger, they then explode when they get older. Have they had any other Cresties? If so do they have the spots too? Do you know the lineage of the parents? Cresties can be predictable with genetics if so, but as @ghoulishcresties likes to say you sometimes get kinder surprises :sweat_smile:

I’d say his a harlequin, dalmation, high % pinstripe

3 Likes

Do either parents have any spots on them? Underneath?

3 Likes

I had purchased them both from other breeders but orion is from acr and Stella is from toomanycresteds. I unfortunately do not know parent lineage.

Shame!
But there would be Dalmatian in the lines somewhere. Or on the parents, even one spot can pass it :blush:

2 Likes

No none! Which is crazy!

1 Like

Will be interesting to see other offspring! Maybe this is a little oddball. But without lineage you will not know for sure, it’s likely spots are from both sides as quite a few Cresties have them, or carry the gene

2 Likes

I swear they just sneak up on you! :joy:

2 Likes

Got dal in there and also looks like harlequin and pinstrip are fighting for dominance. Nice looking gecko in my opinion.

2 Likes