Help Identification

Albino Pinstripe possible Banana

I think he is the full set of genes: Albino, Pin and Banana

I would like others peoples opinions. Very unique looking guy, and I’m getting him shipped in the next week or so.

6 Likes

Albino eyes
Pinstripe pattern
Albino Banana colouration

I’d say that is spot on.

Here’s another on MM

3 Likes

That’s what I thought, and after looking at that snake closely I figured this was also a full banana.

The breeders though said it’s a possible banana, but I think it’s an actual banana and they’ve never seen one before (which is interesting). Not many of them have ever been for sale it would seem either.

:upside_down_face:

1 Like

Was the father the banana?

1 Like

I think if it was just a Albino Pinstripe there would be a lot more contrast between the yellows of the “pinstripes” and the rest of the snake.
In the case of your one everything seems mellow and very little contrast.

It is a hard one to tell between though and at least they aren’t trying to sell you something it might not be, so I would give them the benefit of the doubt.

2 Likes

It didn’t say what the breeding was :confused:

I also think it is an albino banana pinstripe. I would expect to see some white on the snake if it were just an albino pinstripe, and the pink colors around the neck make me think it has all three genes.

3 Likes

It looks like it has all three genes to me, especially since it looks like it has some freckles on it like what bananas always have.

2 Likes

It definitely looks like banana as others have said, but since the banana gene rests on a sex chromosome, knowing if the father is a banana or the mother is a male maker would help narrow down. Congrats on the pickup!

1 Like

Thank you everyone for the input! I’m excited to see what our future holds with him. I guess if I wanted to prove out the banana I would need to breed him to another banana, right?

1 Like

Banana is an incomplete dominant, so no need to breed to another banana unless you want to make the super.

3 Likes

That would be the easiest way to prove it as being a banana without knowing the pairing.

Lucky you have Penny… If penny’s a girl…:grin:

You don’t need another banana, no. It isn’t a recessive gene like albino. Breed him to a non-banana, and if you get bananas, then he is banana.

3 Likes

Penny is a boy, gosh. :woman_shrugging:

Thank you everyone!

1 Like