Help identifying ball python morph

Hello everyone.

I purchased a new ball python from a not so reputable pet store because the price was not so bad and the snake look very healthy but they couldn’t tell me the sex or morph of the snake. Anyways, i decided to name him/her Pedro but since i do not have that much experience i can’t identify the morph. I do know he is not a normal ball python but need help identifying his morph. Thank you everyone!

5 Likes

I dont know much, but I’ll take a guess and say that your little Pedro is a Mojave.
A very nice looking one.
Congrats on getting them.

4 Likes

Those “keyhole cheerios” along the side are a dead giveaway for a mojave. What an adorable snoot!!!

3 Likes

Mojave for sure!

2 Likes

Concur mojave!

1 Like

I agree with these guys.

Here is the alien heads of a Mojave…

20200314_213647

They are very consistent and very rarely appear much different from Mojave to Mojave.

Look at the size and shape of the “eye” within the alien heads. It is one big triangular shape rather than the usual two spots.

Here is a normal as reference.

6 Likes

Thomas that is a wonderful visual illustration of the mojave gene!

3 Likes

Agree with coments, Mojave. I don´t have experience to identify but i have a wonderfull mojave (Aneesa)

I have a question. Which is the difference between Mojave y Phantom?? Thx

1 Like

@vicen86 They are both part of the blue eyed Lucy complex. They can look quite similar.Phantoms pattern tends to go farther down towards the belly. Mojave’s have more blushing. Mojave’s super form is an all white snake with a dirty head. Super Mojave’s sometimes have faint yellow striping along the dorsal. Super phantoms have a definite pattern and have a grayish color.

3 Likes

Here’s my super mystic, and one of his offspring, a single gene mystic:
(as far as I’m aware, phantom and mystic are considered the same morph)

And here’s my super mojave next to my super mystic (she’s also got pastel but her “dirty” head is still visible):

I’m planning on breeding them together to produce mystic potions :grin:

6 Likes

@trnreptiles Good luck! I produced some mystic potions and mystic crystals this year! And I am a believer that the mystic and phantom gene are different lines of the same gene. But there are others who don’t believe this!

5 Likes

@saleengrinch, @trnreptiles thanks, i learn a lot in this Forum. Good luck in our Projects :wink:

2 Likes

Thank You Everyone for your help!

1 Like

I’m pretty late to this post, but I’m going to agree, Pedro looks like a beautiful mojave to me!