Help identifying genes in banana hatchlings

Hi this is my first season breeding ball pythons and I have successfully hatched out 3 clutches, my question is whether the banana ball python attached is a regular banana or whether it may have orange dream also, it has gone through it ls first shed, the pairing was super banana het pied poss o.d x Fire het Pied any help would be appreciated thanks.

2 Likes

With OD it is helpful to see the last half of the snake’s pattern and perhaps even a belly pic. OD has a very specific appearance as the pattern nears the tail and the underbelly almost looks like Het Pied Markers as well.

2 Likes

Posting better photos of the little one stretched out will help more than a photo like this. And possibly a photo of the belly when OD is potentially involved.
Do you have photos of the super banana parent?

EDIT: LOL gray beat me to the post.

2 Likes

Agreeing with @armiyana , more pictures would definitely help!

1 Like

Best pic i have of the father as hes deep in shed at the moment

Hatchling no filter or flash

Based on those new pics, I would say that OD may be present. I know that is not definitive, but the Banana makes it a tougher to determine. The intensity of the orange makes me believe it’s there. Typically on OD, the last few alien heads can meld together when there are other genes present, especially Fire. The last third of the snake may only have one or two elongated alien heads. However, if it is just OD and not Fire OD, then it can be more evenly spaced. Yours looks pretty typically spaced all the way to the tail with only slight elongation. Probably surest way to know is to have it tested.

4 Likes

Brilliant thank you

One other questions. Since the parent was Possible OD, did you produce any babies that confirmed the OD was present without Banana in the mix, or is this the only baby you suspect may be OD?

1 Like

All 6 hatchlings are banana with 1 being a banana pied just wasnt sure if there is o.d present as the fathers parents were banana fire and banana o.d and the hatchlings are really orangey

Sorry, dumb question. I just realized you said one of the parents is a super banana. Again, the surest way to know is have it tested for OD. Let us know how it goes if you do.

2 Likes