Help identifying the morph of my ball

Isn’t that always the way it goes? Lol.
I’m terrible with some of the corn snake morphs so I would get so annoyed when they just threw away the deli lids and never wrote it. Though sometimes they would send us the wrong morph anyway.
Like the time we got a hypo silkback beardie as a leatherback. Or a super snow Leo as a normal. Thanks wholesale reseller!

3 Likes

What a beautiful name for a beautiful snake :heart_eyes:
She looks like a little bundle of joy!

3 Likes

Yep I hear ya on everything you said! :+1::blush:

Edit to add: And agree with everything you said! Reptile Wholesalers are really not the best……

2 Likes

What a gorgeous girl! Do you have any other photos, like looking straight down at the dorsal pattern? She almost looks like she might have something else in her, like bamboo or spider? Take my thoughts with a grain of salt, though, because I am just learning morph identification :blush:

2 Likes

@gina5678 If she was a bamboo lesser she would be a Blue eyed Lucy.

A lesser spider would look more like this … This one just has pastel instead of enchi

6 Likes

Ah, thank you for this! I should have thought about it a little more and realized the lesser and bamboo were both in the BEL complex. Thank you for the correction and explanation. It’s one of the main things that will help me learn. Gosh, it’s been almost 3 years now that I decided that I wanted to learn how to identify morphs yet I feel like I’ve made virtually zero progress. I feel like someone who is majoring in a subject in college who fails all requisite classes :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

Awww c’mon Gina! You have identified a bunch of morphs correctly! Just keep at it girl! You’ll be a master one of these days! :heart::+1::star_struck:

2 Likes

Oh trust me … It’s still ridiculously hard for me to look at some snakes and point out much unless the parents genetics are there. Some just look too similar.

I just happen to have the particular genes here in my group so it’s ones I’m more familiar with for sure. I still have been squinting at this pastel lesser spider because she might have an undisclosed gene somewhere…and I have a banana special that I’m pretty sure is fire as well, but I don’t know shrug

2 Likes

I keep thinking theres more there than just lesser and enchi genes. I feel like maybe het hypo? The blushing on her sides is just so intensely faded. And then her belly is completely white, or maybe mojave? I dunno. But man is she a sight to see in person.

2 Likes

These are the only 2 dorsal views i have currently. But once shes had time to digest her last meal i will get her out and take some really good pics in natural light.

4 Likes

Lesser can be pretty variable sometimes.
The only way to know for sure on the het hypo would be to breed her or have her shed tested for it.

She is lesser, not Mojave. If she had Mojave and lesser she would be a Blue eye Lucy.

3 Likes

Oh you’re right! I didnt even think about that. Completely spaced on the complex. Good call!

2 Likes

She’s so beautiful!

2 Likes

I agree! He looks like a lesser Enchi to me :blush: :snake: