Help identifying the morph of my ball

3 Likes

It would be helpful to have better pictures. If you could take two or three pictures with the snake in natural light and with most of the body visible, that would make it easier. If I had to venture a guess from these, I would say Lesser/Butter Blade or het Hypo.

2 Likes

Ill wait for the sun to come up a little more and get some better shots.

2 Likes

Heres some better pictures. Hopefully they help.

3 Likes

Hey there and just want to say welcome to the forum! You have a very nice BP! So glad you are here! :snake::blush:

2 Likes

Definitely lesser/butter. I would lean enchi as well with how the pattern looks more banded, but that could also be some polymorphic trait as well

6 Likes

Do you guys think there is possible vanilla in there as well? Lesser enchi vanilla?

2 Likes

Is that what the breeder had them listed as?

3 Likes

I rescued this guy from petco. So i have zero idea on his line or genetics.

2 Likes

Heres a good full body pic if this helps anyone. Sorry im just really excited. Ive had ball pythons before but never a morph of any kind. Im pretty sure its lesser enchi.

2 Likes

I’m surprised Petco has such nice bps! Usually mostly the only types they sell are normals. Or so I thought……

That really is a nice animal you’ve got there! :star_struck:

2 Likes

Thank you! I was shocked to find this beauty as well. There were 2 of these lessers and then there were 2 bananas as well. One of the rare occasions ive seen anything other than normals at petco.

2 Likes

Hmmmmm And yes you certainly rescued him for sure! Does he have a name yet?

1 Like

He/she does not have a name yet. I havnt sexed them yet. Been trying to think of a good unisex name. Any ideas?

2 Likes

The petco near me sells bp for around 100, the normals that is. Then anything that doesn’t look like a normal they call a “fancy ball python” and sell for 200-300. I’ve seen a coral glow at petco for 300 :melting_face:
as well as a bunch of banana and a few pinstripe.

3 Likes

Butter. Your snake looks like it should be named Butter. You can tell I name everything after foods! :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Yep that’s the same as what Petsmarts do as well……

My girl looks a bit like yours. She is a coral glow lesser granite:

3 Likes

Butterscotch. He looks like a butterscotch!

1 Like

I got the info yesterday when i went to petco for supplies. The lady who checked me out was also responsible for feeding. Found out i baught one from the store and asked if i wanted any info on her. Turns out she is indeed a she :slight_smile: hatch date 7/14/23 Enchi lesser. Pretty excited about that! And i have decided to name her willow.

5 Likes

I’m surprised they actually saved that info! When I worked at Petsmart we had a book in which we were supposed to keep a record of the morph of the reptile and a feeding chart for each one but no one cared enough to do it except me, even though that was part of the animal care job. You are very fortunate that you happened upon this information, especially since you should have been given this information when you first purchased Willow, which btw is a very lovely name for a very lovely girl! :heart::blush::snake:

3 Likes