Help!is this scaleless corn bloodred or just a regular one?

2 Likes

The best people to help would be @solarserpents and @caryl. I hope that this helps :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

5 Likes

Well, it’s a lovely snake :heart_eyes:. Do you have any info about its parents?

I do not see any ventral checkers at all, though it’s hard to tell for certain from these pics. There’s some lateral blurriness on its sides; the saddles sort of vanish at their bottoms. This blurring will become more and more pronounced as the snake matures. These factors would be consistent with it being Diffusion/Diffused.

“Bloodred” is an older term which gets used rather confusingly. It has at times (especially back when Diffusion first being produced in a wider variety of genetic combinations) been used as synonymous with Diffused. The original Bloodreds/Bloods were striking, rich red with very little if any dorsal pattern, and an absence of belly checkers.

Hope that helps!

3 Likes

Thanks!!!

1 Like

I’ve been waffling back and forth on this one. Can you post a picture of his head? Identifying morphs with scaleless can be tough!

3 Likes

Agreed!! I’m leaning Diffusion mostly because of the belly. The dorsal pattern is so malleable with Scaleless, it’s really hard to say.

@maxinemaaax, how was the snake identified when you got it?

1 Like