HELP please my crested gecko keeps sneezing!

Does she stay at the school by herself on weekends?

She hasn’t in a while but yes. She’s been home for like 2 weeks at least.

Do you have any pictures of her enclosure? And is it the same enclosure at each end?

No currently she’s in a brand new set up. It’s a 18 by 18 by 18. I don’t have a picture of the one at home I’ll take a picture when I get home. I can take a pic of her brand new one in a second

1 Like

Personally I would be careful leaving her by herself each weekend since she wouldnt be getting misted or have access to fresh food.
Also their respiratory systems are very sensitive so any cleaning products or candles used at the school could irritate her.

1 Like

Her current enclosure

1 Like

It could be stress from the journey or it could be something on the list that @madelines_morphs mentioned towards the top of the thread.

I know you said it’s bio-active, are the plants live? If so what are the plants in there?

1 Like

It’s bioactive but no plants lol. I’m re rooting a pot his plant to put in there eventually but nothing so far.

1 Like

Ideally 18x18x24 too. That’s not tall enough.

As said the sneezing itself is strange, how is she now?
Anything dusty at all been added?, though I do recon some loose substrate up the nose is most likely…

1 Like

She’s like 10 months

Yeah still would upgrade, then again I usually put my 4/5/6 months old into 18/18/24 if they’re staying with me long term, get them all settled :sweat_smile:
She’s a great size so she’d enjoy the space! And add some branches too, not enough climbing space for her, there’s the risk of fts otherwise which no one like! :pensive:

1 Like

Her other enclosure is 18 by 18 by 24

4 Likes

Oh fab! :relaxed:

2 Likes

She’s sneezing again😭

Can you take a video? Add to YouTube and send link here?

2 Likes

I have a video I’ll try doing that when I get home. I think I’m gonna take her home so I can monitor… taker her to a vet is necessary

3 Likes

Definitely monitor her & I’d suggest to not take her to school for a while too incase something there or transportation has triggered it.

I am a little stumped with the sneezing as no other symptoms but vets should be able to help.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Just keep an eye, make sure she drinks.
May be something up nose that’s annoying her, see how she gets on eating and drinking, I’ve had some do that little ‘sneeze’ thing before when something up their nose.

It’s kind of adorable

2 Likes