Help Strange Behavior

I have ( 2 ) M/F balls about a year and a half old. Same set up, same temps same hides, everything the same except decorations.Ms. Kitty doesn’t use cool hide,Mr Kitty doesn’t use hot hide. I don’t know why. Mr. Kitty Recently went off feed about 3 weeks ago. About a week or so later he started to come out of his hide about an hour before his lights go out. Normally I never see him move but I do see his trails from the night before. Well the thing is when he climbs he sits on a limb and he starts to corkscrew he bends and twists and does all kinds of weird stuff sometimes he even falls to the floor. He will get back up and start climbing again and start corkscrewing and do everything over. When he’s crawling on the floor or just crawling around he does not have any problems. I have no issues holding he doesn’t corkscrew anywhere else except when he’s sitting on his branches. I don’t know if this is normal behavior. Thanks All!

1 Like

What are the temperatures and humidity of the enclosure? Can you provide pictures of the snakes?

1 Like

I’m not seeing the snakes in the picture. Is he a spider or known wobble morph?

1 Like

Snake is in his hide. Bottom right. Temps on cool side average about 79 to 81°. Have uth under a tile at 89 max. Humidity average 50 to 60. If helps he sits on the branches on right hand side. Only place he does that. When he eats he does great. Crawls fine sleep all day. As for Genes don’t know 100$ Craigslist.

2 Likes

This happens quite a bit with males this time of year.

Sounds like a neuro issue he could of been born like this or could of been cause by keeping in to hot of temps for an extended period of time.

I would personally turn that down a couple degrees at least. And have you measured that temp with a temp gun?

1 Like

Yes I use temp gun. Tile stays consist temp . When he is exploring he is fine, when handling he fine. Only when sitting on branch he cork skews. No other places. Is it odd that MS. Kitty won’t use cool hide and Mr.Kitty won’t use hot hide.

1 Like

Your expecting them to act the same. Each snake has its individual personality and preferences!

I would still say I personally think it sounds like a neuro issue a ball python should be able to stretch on a perch without corkscrewing. If it’s a neuro issue this maybe the only time you notice it but it’s always “there”

That’s good but I personally think 89 hot side is to hot for ball pythons. This is my opinion plenty of other people keep them at this temp.

2 Likes