Help! What is this?

I came into the reptile room saw everybody daily spot cleaning but found this! Any idea? I’m thinking wet urate or a poop but I’m not sure! Any help would be highly appreciated

2 Likes

Interesting, what animal’s cage was this in?

1 Like

It’s my ball pythons rack… Came in earlier she left a dry urate but this is idk… It was like a ball when I first got it just wet slimy ball

What are the temperatures inside the rack? It looks to be regurgitated, or uncompleted digested hide of a prey item.

2 Likes

88 Fahrenheit hot spot
78 Fahrenheit cool side
Humidity 65%

Is a hatchling rack correct? You may want to boost those temperatures a little bit. Is the specific tub at floor level or is it higher up on the rack?

1 Like

It’s a 6 tub rack, she’s the third one from the top so in the middle, what do you think I should boost the temp by? I’m going back heat btw!

1 Like

And yes it is a hatchling rack

1 Like

It looks like a chunk of mouse/rat skin

4 Likes

@kaijuconstrictors I know this may sound gross but was the feeder alive or was it frozen thawed? Because when frozen thawed becomes on skin kind of slip off too :face_vomiting:.

1 Like

What would you say about increasing the temperature by a few degrees? Personally the cold side seems pretty cold.

1 Like

Honestly that’s what my cool side is as well because of the ambient temps in my apartment

1 Like

I know most people use 88° for hatchlings but I have no idea if that’s with a heated room so the ambient temperature is higher.

1 Like

I was hoping it wasn’t regurgitation as she ate about 5 days ago, I’m guessing the rat pup was too big? Or was the temperature an issue?

What is the ambient temperature of your room? Because Hillary just point out that she is 88° because of ambient temps.

1 Like

I’d be willing to bet she accidentally skinned part of it while trying to swallow it. My pied is a super exuberant eater and I’ve found chunks of rat in her enclosure after eating before

I think your temps are fine

3 Likes

I will definitely say I’ve found pieces like that with the Kai (boa) also because I only feed frozen thawed

2 Likes

My room stays about 78 degrees, but will definitely boost the degrees right now! I don’t want my lil guys health in trouble cause of a few degrees, would this be a serious issue or is regular? And it was a frozen thawed rat pup, I left it in room temp water and heated it up by hair blower to head to adjust heat… did I maybe cook it’s skin?

2 Likes

No your temperature is fine then! It was probably just a piece of the rat coming off when she was eating it. You’re completely fine :grin:

2 Likes

That is why! You are all good :grin:.

1 Like