Help with identifying morph

I have hatched this young gecko that i have difficulty identifying the morph of. What morph is this gecko?
The picture with the sibling is in more natural lightning. The photos with the gecko on its own got a bit bright.

3 Likes

Looks like a yellow-based phantom with the dal-trait and pinstriping

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum @asker! Glad you found us! Your little guy is such a little cutie! It resembles my crested, Mimosa, a bit only your guy has a lot more yellow. :blush:

2 Likes

phantom brindle Dalmatian.

So parents are het phantom (or phantom).

4 Likes

I agree with ghoulish cresties. She really knows her stuff :wink:

4 Likes

I’m still trying to get good at gecko identification but right now I can see if this one’s absolutely adorable :relaxed:.

5 Likes

You know how you get realllyyyyy good at identifying?
By owning :smirk:

You need a cute lil dino to add to your family… :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Thanks for the replies, im still trying to figure out what phantom is, i find that morph confusing

4 Likes

Phantom can be a bit tricky - It’s a recessive that suppresses/heavily reduces the typical harlequin pattern-colours (orange and white pattern) and darkens the gecko overall, but especially on the dorsal. So basically anything patternless/bicolour, and lacking white/orange pattern in general, but especially on the dorsal. The pinning is also typically dark/same as the base except for near the tail-root, and the tail is also typically significantly darker.

3 Likes