Help with IDing

Got these two in a deal for a Mystic Potion 100% het Pied. These photos are right after he shed. The second one is female.

4 Likes

Fairly certain they’re ball pythons John :joy:

2 Likes

You sure they are not a blood python cross? Lol

2 Likes

Ship em over and I’ll let you know lol

3 Likes

I’d guess first one is a pastel hypo. The second one I’d guess super enchi. Just guessing though, I’m still really new.

3 Likes

Do you have any info on them? I would say cinnamon ghost and super enchi fire but it would help if you had pairing info.

5 Likes

I agree with Shaun that the first could be a Hypo Cinny… But I am more thinking Hypo GHI

Second is some combo of Butter, Enchi, and Pastel. There is likely a fourth gene in there

4 Likes

I’m thinking that the first one is a Hypo GHI. I think the second one is a Butter/Lesser Pastel Enchi, but I think there may be a chance that it is a Butter/Lesser Pastel Super Enchi.

@t_h_wyman I don’t work with ghi what are you seeing that makes you think it maybe ghi? If you don’t mind me asking. And I was on the fence with the second was thinking super enchi lesser. But enchi isn’t my greatest strength either.

The warp/waft of the alien heads is part of it but the main reason I think it is GHI is the banding/linking of them over the dorsal. The BlkPastel complex do not have that kind of linkage, they discrete dorsal markings

3 Likes

I appreciate the explanation sir!! But I’m holding my vote on hypo cinny. But you very well maybe right!! (Full disclosure Dr Wyman is far better at identifying than I am)

2 Likes

My black pastel girl does have what you’re referring to. So do many pastels.

3 Likes

The guy I got them off of was moving to Alaska and couldn’t take them. These two were petsmart super specials lol the 3rd one he had the whole breeder info on

Second one I’m pretty sure it’s enchi butter/lesser pastel and I am thinking ghost but not sure on 4th gene.

Im fairly confident there is no hypo gene in the second snake.

1 Like