Help with Morph ID x

Male ball python was brought to us by local police. With help by a more experienced breeder we were told it was yellowbelly pastel. However, after breeding him out, we have concerns that the morph may be wrong. We breed him to a female cinnamon granite from N.E.R.D. and hatched out some un expected results. Could anyone please help us or confirm previous identification?
Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

…what hatched out?

4 Likes

OD Pastel?

Showing us what hatched out will help ID the parents.

2 Likes

Would love to see what hatched…the curious want to know! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Ok here are the two making us scratch our head.

1 Like

And here are the rest of the clutch

1 Like

Pewters (cinnamon Pastel) or pewter granites. (someone with more granite insight will chime in on this part) Nice!

I don’t see any evidence of my earlier OD thoughts seeing the babies now.

2 Likes

Those are pewter’s I agree. As far as granite there are many dominant gene lines and a few incomplete dominant lines of granite. So to Identify the granite in the pewter’s will be hard unless you work a lot with that line. Also pewter’s are highly variable so also may make it hard to pick out the granite gene.

2 Likes

Not super familiar with the gene but I would guess you have 1 pewter, 1 pewter granite, 2 granites and a normal. Congrats!

Thanks for all the replies.
Im not confused about the babies morphs, theres 7 babies in total. Its the father im having concerns with. He deff has pastel in him. The pastel is needed to make the pewter. As I said originally he was a rescue, and he was ID as a yellowbelly pastel by a friend of mine. But im having second guesses on his morph.

Without knowing the pairing that produced your male, I don’t see anything that would make me say YB. But it’s possible, breed him to another YB to find out.