Help with morph identification please

Hi
I need second opinion on this couple of corns ,my guess is hypo but not 100%sure as the dark belly speckles looks like black to me , unless thats my ayes :grin:
Thay are cb21 babies so quite small for the age as well

Im not going through what they parent are as want to find out everyone thoughts on them first by visual appearance
Thats the female

And the male

3 Likes

They look like amels to me. I am not great when it comes to corn snake morphs but they don’t look like hypo to me. I compared them to other listings and the amels looked extremely similar to them. take this with a grain of salt as there are many much more experienced people when it comes to corns

3 Likes

They’re definitely not amels. Amels lack all melanin, and these guys have plenty of melanin (blacks, browns, grays). To me they don’t quite look hypo since those belly checkers look like they have true black. But I wouldn’t be surprised if they were red factor.

4 Likes

do you think they could just be nice normals? I have seen some normals that look similar to these. I could definitely see them being red factor though.

also the reason i said amel is becuase I was rushing in class to see what looked similar to them and didn’t look very close at the pictures. I should have seen the blacks and browns :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Hi
To be honest i though about red factor on beginning, as they are darker then my other hypo, and this black checkers🤔
Couple months back i visit this breeder and i saw at that time father of this little ones, he was scalelless anery , but i saw it clearly that there was something more then just anery, he had a different pinkish tone, but at that time my visit was about something else so i didn’t pay that much attention
Now i contacted him again to about one of his scaleless females ( turns out he sold all visual scaleless from his collection) but as he stepping out from hobby he offered me this ones, he hold back whole clutch of them as thats scaleless to palmetto, so i choose this two from 10 of springs he have, all other was normals, just this two looks very different to whole clutch

2 Likes

I dlso think about this possibility that they might be just nice normals, but they definitely have much much less black in them

2 Likes

You know, I was wondering if maybe they were het Palmetto. They look similar to my pos het Palmetto.

3 Likes

Yes they are het scaleless het palmetto but don’t have a clue what’s more in their

2 Likes

I’d go with what the breeder said, het Scaleless/Palmetto/Anery (if the Anery Scaleless was the dad), nothing more. The Anery Scaleless probably had a pinkish hue due to the fact that being Scaleless, their skin is translucent and the color of the muscle underneath influences their tone. The hypo-ish look in your animals comes from the het Palmetto, not any extra gene.

4 Likes

Yeah maybe you’re right, maybe they are what they are, but the fact is as i saw meny scaleless anerys that this one was lookin different , and only this two offsprings as like that, all others are jus normal looking normals so thats made me thinking :thinking:

2 Likes

There is a lot of variation in any morph, and the more genes you add can change the visual expression. If check out Ian’s Vivarium, it’ll show you how much variation in expression het Palmetto has. You can also search the animals for sale on MorphMarket itself to see corns with similar genes that look like yours as well.

I’m sure we’ve all hoped for extra genes at some point, or been surprised by them after breeding (me last year :upside_down_face:), but the reality is, the majority of the time the genes listed are the genes expressed.

3 Likes

Well to be honest i dont want any extra genes in them a part of what i know but there is couple question marks with them as breeder told me he don’t know what hets there’s parents have as he lost ( probably solld with all his adults as he told me that one guy took all of his scaleless) records of them

3 Likes

In that case I’d say your best bet is a breeding trial, if proving out genes is the route you plan to go.

2 Likes

No other options really, but happy anyway with response on my subject as thats make me thinking with bigger confidence that they are normals which actually makes me happy :blush:

3 Likes

Wildtypes are vastly underrated sometimes, I think. I’m glad you’re happy with your new little ones, they’re absolutely beautiful! I bet their colors get even better as they grow.

2 Likes

Yes they definitely look interesting, cant wait to se what offsprings they will produce

3 Likes