Help with my little crestie

Hello I was wondering if anybody can help identify the morph of my crestie. It’s not super important honestly but I am curious. From my research they look pretty normal but I figured I ask anyway thanks.

3 Likes

I don’t know much about crested geckos, but I heard once that they have a lot of variation naturally, so it might be hard to ID the morph without a lot of experience with cresties. I’ve also read that they change color when ‘fired up,’ so that’s another factor that complicates things. Best of luck!

2 Likes

I’m still learning the crestie morphs myself but this should help you find out the morph.

1 Like

Looks like it could be a flame, do you have pictures of the parents?

1 Like

I’m also thinking that it looks like a low expression flame, with crested geckos most morphs are polymorphic, so genes aren’t passed down the same, no hets or pos hets or any non visual genes that might turn up in later generations. For the polymorphic genes whatever phenotype the crestie has is what it is labeled as regardless of any ancestors.

3 Likes

No I sadly I do not, but from some of the links provided to me I think they may be as well. Thank you for your input.

Thank you this was also very helpful

Any more images?

1 Like

Sure thing!!

sorry if these pics arent the best but I appreciate the help! :,D

3 Likes

Would say a chocolate Harlequin :blush:

3 Likes

I can’t comment on colour, I’m looking at a dim screen (night filter on my phone) as I need my screen dark ATM.

But I believe it’s a Harlequin

2 Likes

I would agree with both @ghoulishcresties and @foxreptile

2 Likes

Thanks guys I appreciate the help

3 Likes