Het G-Stipe showing?

Both of the parents have produced multiple times for me and have proven to be what I got them as. Both were produced by a friend so I’m fairly confident there are no secrets. I don’t produce a lot of HGW stuff but the only one I’ve ever made with a dorsal stripe was a Mystic HGW. Maybe it’s normal variation for HGW? What do you think @saleengrinch @t_h_wyman

Pairing was Het Genetic Stripe x Soul Sucker

Male Soul Sucker - 4 clutches has only ever produced lessers/hgw/suckers

Female Het Genetic Stripe - 3 clutches with me, has only proven to be Het G-Stripe.

So if everyone is what they’re supposed to be, that means the only possible difference here is Het G-Stripe. Are we prepared to say it can show this much or am I missing something?

3 Likes

To me only one of them looks hgw from these pictures. The top one in the top picture. Of the two babies, dad is hgw also lol

2 Likes

I produced this soul sucker clutch earlier this year… 4 hgw, 2 normal, 2 souls sucker… some of the hgw do have more dorsal stripping then typical.

5 Likes

I agree! But to me the one baby doesn’t look hgw the color and pattern is off in my opinion. You can see the difference in color in your clutch as well middle two to left are the normals.

2 Likes

Yeah the head stamp is different for his… it doesn’t quite look normal either though

2 Likes

I agree it’s interesting looking I just don’t believe it’s hgw.

3 Likes

I do not think it is het influence so much as it is that you have some other “stripey” genes in your animals and just managed to get a bunch or them lined up.

And while there is something odd about the highly striped animal, I disagree with Shaun and believe it is a HGW, just a particularly aberrant one

2 Likes

Well I could be wrong would not be the first or last time. But I feel pretty confident that snake does not have the hidden gene woma gene. So we will be in disagreement Travis lol

6 Likes

I can live with that LOL

6 Likes

Thanks everybody! @saleengrinch I agree the color and pattern is funky but I’m pretty sure they’re all HGW? Maybe…now you’ve got me second guessing that too :joy::joy:

That makes sense. I could see why HGW would lend itself to stripes given the way SS combos stripe out. I’ve been scratching my head over these for a couple weeks. Unfortunately because of the whole hgw’g’ myth google is no help either.

Good to know. Yours are the closest I’ve seen to these but the pattern on these is even crazier and as you all noticed they’re darker too.

Here’s some more pics

5 Likes

Doubled up oops

4 Likes

You and Travis could very well be right. I’m used to the hgw I hatch. So there is going to be variances in other people’s “lines”. And I find it’s so much harder to identify stuff on the internet as opposed to in person. Photos can skew the colors lol

4 Likes

This is a great point the Shaun brings up and something I have said on occasion as well:

Collections are genetic

We all have a specific thing we look for/prefer and so, over time, we tend to “collect” secondary genes within our collections that lend toward those looks. Those secondary genes can have a fairly large impact when compared to a collection without them.

4 Likes

That’s a great way to put it.

2 Likes

And to be fair none of those photos have great lighting.

3 Likes