Het pied markers

Are these het pied tracks? I don’t work with pied and bought this pastave 100% vpi 50% pied 50% clown girl and I’m just curious if this would be considered the tracks?

1 Like

Het Pied markers are not a 100% guarantee. You can have het pied animals that show little markers and will produce pied, and you can get animals that appear to have strong markers and yet, don’t even carry the pied gene.

That said, if I am looking at an animal that has the pied gene in its lineage, and it is not 100% het pied, I would be comfortable taking a chance with the markers that your animal is exhibiting.

2 Likes

Given that animal does not have Mojave in it, I would question the validity of any of the alleged hets it may be carrying

6 Likes

Are you seeing just a pastel then? In person it looks a lot different then the couple of pastels I have. I bought it as a theoretical id the pairing was GHI Mojave Cinnamon Vanilla to Pastel VPI Spider DH Clown Pied. I have a sister I bought from this clutch as well that was another theoretical id.

1 Like

I’d say pastel.
What was she brought as?

vvv

Pastel is extremely pleomorphic.

Knowing the exact pairing now, I am inclined to say Pastel Vanilla, that would account for the higher blushing and the more vibrant tone

And what was the theoretical ID on this one?

I would put it as a GHI Pewter Spider

1 Like

I meant what was her sister brought as, as they’ve just added a picture of her also :blush:

1 Like

I bought the one as a pastave and the other as a pewter spider. I also suspected ghi in the spider. I’m still new and learning everything so I appreciate the feedback a lot.

Ah, gotcha. Have to love the vagary that the internet provides LOL

1 Like

Well you have 2 new morphs now!
And I’d say better than what you brought them as too I personally think :grin:

What’s the plans with them? :blush:

Im going to breed them, I’ve been building a collection over the past year and have 15 females now. I feel dumb about the pastave girl thinking she was in fact a pastave but I’ve never really worked with Mojave😅 most of my collection is het dg clown stuff and het vpi poss het pied and clown.

Here’s some pictures of the whole clutch and a better picture of the spider girl. Do you still say vanilla pastel and ghi pewter spider?