Het Red Axanthic?

Hi everyone! I’m new to the community,as this is my first post(topic/discussion/comment/questionnaire)… So I acquired what was sold to me as a normal adult female from a good friend. This will be her third winter and she’s a 1500 gram virgin<3 the parents are unknown and we got her for our awesome 6yr old male (pastel enchi yellowbelly) as a normal breed ready/close female. My wife and I are convinced she’s hra as she has too many cross traits to say otherwise. As we are newer to this and never had worked with hra I would love some more experienced input. Thank you guys for this lovely format for such an amazing community I’m proud to be a part of!

1 Like

She does not have the reduced color or “lacy” side pattern of an HRA. However, her appearance may still be inheritable, as there are lots of blackback lines out there.

4 Likes

I work quite a bit with hra,green pastel,and Huffman and I would say that isn’t a hra. As @westridge pointed out the absence of the lacy side pattern would be the indicator to me. As the alien heads do have a hra type look to them.

4 Likes

I realized I didn’t really include great pics of her sides and belly… I appreciate the feedback like I said,it doesn’t really matter to me if she isn’t as I believe she’s gorgeous and very unique even as a dark copperry normal. Still may get me a nice single gene male black pastel and/or cinnamon next season and see what happens;p

2 Likes

I’m positive it is a normal like others have said but at least you have a cool normal girl! Normals that I have bought for breeding stock wouldn’t be just your average wild type looking ones but I instead went for girls that are similar to yours. I love normals with thick black patterns or strange alien heads as I believe it still plays a part in offspring pattern even though it is a normal.

2 Likes