I agree with everyone here as well.
My spider ball pythons are all wonderful animals and have minimal to no wobble. I only notice wobble when they’re being handled (for the more stress-prone ones) or when they’re being fed.
My hot take? I notice a rather concerning issue with pet keepers in particular, when it comes to the more “controversial” topics.
They don’t do proper research. They listen to one or two pet YouTubers, decide that’s who they agree with, and are quick to jump on anyone who thinks differently.
Sad part is, they don’t even use logical arguments a lot of the time, they typically just resort to ad hominem attacks if you don’t immediately agree with them.
I could go on and on about the insults, accusations, and assumptions these pet keepers have made towards me, all because they think their way of doing things is the only right way. I’ve never had these issues with other breeders, even when I’ve asked their opinions on my decisions.
Some things I’ve been attacked over:
- Keeping and breeding spider morph ball pythons
- Keeping my snakes in racks with a minimalistic setup
- Feeding live to my ball pythons (Do note that I don’t feed anything bigger than a weaned/small rat, and I closely supervise every snake that is fed to make sure nothing goes wrong.)
- Because I got snake mites once (Which… I treated and got rid of them within a month or so)
- Because a snake in my care died (They accused me of “cooking” the snake because I had the thermostat set to 90°F… though I determined this was not my fault, but the previous owners’ fault for not feeding the correct food — this was a baby garter snake for clarification.)
- Accused me of all of my snakes being overweight (only one has been a bit overweight, but she’s also been an extremely fast grower and a piggy with food…)
- Made the assumption that my ball pythons were all stressed because… my ball pythons… were balling up.
- Said I didn’t clean my tubs and left them messy… and when I asked where this was posted… the person referred me to a picture of two of my snakes I bred last year. Because, y’know, breeding snakes don’t make messes of their enclosures, right?
Anyways, I think more pet keepers need to be aware of how things are on the breeders’ side of things, and not jump to conclusions based on what they think is “right”.
And stop with the ad hominem attacks against people who think differently. I honestly just block and ignore people like that now, and IMO I think people who resort to insults are just uneducated idiots. No joke.