House Snake Morph Fan Eastern Cape

Howzit guys

Just a friendly hello from P.E

Im new to the Morph Community and love House Snakes (Morphs)

6 Likes

Hi there,
my incoming snake is a regular ol’ Black HS, but aren’t they all just lovely little things?

1 Like

Hello and welcome! I have seen a few awesome house snakes while browseing through MM, if i wasnt so heavily invested with pythons, they would be a breed i consider to have as a pet :).

Make sure to share pics so I can live vicariously :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I have heard amazing things about them, and just the fact they aren’t Colubrids but actually phylogenetically closer to Elapids is crazy! I’ve heard Garret Hartle say they are the closest thing to Retics personality wise too lol. I hope to have one at some point, if I wasn’t so obsessed with boas I already would have!

3 Likes

Thanks for the welcome!

I unfortunately dont have a morph yet, I have a captive bred Brown House (boaedon capensis) but look forward to purchasing a morph in the near future.

House snakes are beautiful specimens, make for great viewing when feeding, their strike/consticting action is lightning fast, remind me so much of pythons.

1 Like

Howzit
Yes, they are beautiful specimens, make for great viewing when feeding, their strike/consticting action is lightning fast, remind me so much of pythons.
Have healthy appetites, always ready to take a meal.

1 Like

Oh man, welcome to the community. I love house snakes, although I only own mostly geckos and a hognose, I’ll love to own some other species eventually. Once again, welcome and hope to see some photos later :+1:t3: