How are we supposed to research new sellers?

Hi Chlo, this is already possible. From the messages page the user clicks reply and “rate this” and in this way they can initiate a rating themselves if not invited.

Also, the survey we send 5 days after the inquiries has links to rate the animals too.

So ratings are not predicated on the seller initiating them.

I think the real ground to be taken here is understanding the user experience better and making those options more readily available because I’m sure a lot of people don’t know about it or take the time to read the instructions (although we did improve these instructions recently).

1 Like

I think yall do an amazing job and I have to admit yall have created a seemless way for complex transactions and I can only speak on my own experiences but each one has been pretty easy

3 Likes

Same. I love MM.

1 Like

And considering (if I’m right) it’s all ran by one dude and modded by three others makes you realise the actual hard work that is put in to this place.

And still they take their time still to come out and answer all our questions time and time again.

3 Likes

Thanks guys. :slight_smile:

Really you all are MorphMarket – the thousands of breeders and hundreds of thousands of users on the site every month. We are just the glue to keep things operating as smoothly as possible.

3 Likes

I’m not talking about every setup that would be burdensome just a general intro, something you would see if a breeder had their own website and just wanted to show off. I mean, I’m not even a breeder and I want to show off my setup because I love taking care of them and it’s a joy to share. I wouldn’t see showing some pictures would be bad.

There is nothing stopping you from reviewing them on Facebook or throwing a nasty tweet out about them, but this community is for discussing reptiles not breeders.

I don’t use those social media platforms. And I don’t know of any other community that discusses specifically breeders - hence the issue of “how are we supposed to research breeders”. Also the fact that there is no concentrated forum for the discussion of breeders is what is difficult. I think a lot of people reading this is thinking that having a discussion of breeders is going to be all negative just because this topic started off on a sour note - I think it would be a fun place to see what breeders are doing (especially if they have big boas!). The “wall of shame” for bad breeders is just what it would be, just a very small percentage of the discussion. It could be a fun place and informative.

It’s all about reasonability, if I were to call them out, it would be after speaking with them. In my one bad experience on MM he was dodging all of my questions and then stopped responding altogether when I asked him for some kind of compromise. That’s was the turning point for me; he wasn’t reasonable from the start and then ended it by being absolutely incorrigible.

MM is a great place, it is the first place I go to for reptiles, and then I go to other places when I can’t find something specific. This topic really is just trying to fix a crack that may really harm some users, not that MM is a bad place.

Personally I have quite a few reptiles, and this was a one-off bad experience on MM for me. But I can imagine someone like my nephew or anyone that would like to keep one reptile as a pet. What if my one-off turned out to be someone else’s whole experience in purchasing a reptile? That’s the bad crack I’m more concerned about. And it wouldn’t be MMs fault -definitely the seller, but MM policy barriers could help.