How big of an enclosure is too big chinese water dragon

I’m getting a Chinese water dragon from a friend. And I’ve got A 8 feet wide by 6 feet tall by 4 feet thick enclosure I was wanting to put her in but I don’t know if that’s overly large or if I fill it with a bunch of like sticks and trees. If she’d be okay, she’s a subadult bout 3 foot. Chinese water dragon.

2 Likes

I think that’s an amazing sized with! Fully bio with loads of plants and branches!

Amazing home for her :black_heart:

2 Likes

Thank you for the response It’s not gonna be fully bio immediately. But it will be in the future. I have to do a little bit more research on what she won’t eat because she has eaten anything that moved previously including all of the isopods. The only thing that escaped her was the springtails.

2 Likes

Hello and welcome to the forum! Congratulations :champagne: on your dragon! We all love pictures here just so ya know!

Since your girl likes to eat moving things, bio active may not be right for her! :joy:. You would be constantly replacing isopods! Rather expensive I would say! You will be able to create a wonderful home for her with or without bio.

Best wishes to you and we can’t wait to see the dragon! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thank you. I will post a picture as soon as I actually have her. My friend’s moving out of her house and she can’t take her with her.

2 Likes

Ok! I am excited for you!!! :blush:

1 Like

Shes in her fav spot so far, she ate on the second day
And will take bugs straight outa my hand as of now

2 Likes