How heavy is an adult female bci?

I got one female hypo,she’s about 1’5m and 3-3.5kg, I wonder can she join this years breeding later.
I feel worry about my other adult hypo,not quite sure about his sex now…last I took him for a wash and he pooped…I grabbed his tail and might saw his peanuts…?Hes too big if hes a male,about 5.5kg,2m.He already lost weight early this year.
One male hypo dh t-snow is too small,not even over 500g
Can we find out boas sex by looking their tails?

3 Likes

The female hypo,Idk why her head looks like this,she was good before shipping,but when I opened bag she was just like this…anyway shes a healthy little girl so I dont really mind this thing

2 Likes

Size depends on locality (type) of boa.
My female Colombian BCI boas I breed when they are over 6 feet long and a minimum of 15 lbs. to 30 lbs.

Also, if you just got your female, you really need to quarantine any new boa for a minimum of 6 months. Any new boa I pick from shows or someone I don’t know I quarantine for 1 year.

You could bring home something that will kill your existing boas.

In 1996, I killed all my boas from one male boa that had IBD. Had to start all over with new boas. I even waited 6 months before I got any new boas. I also throughout all my cages and made new ones.

4 Likes

Sad news…It’s hard to see IBD in china.Most of pythons and boas may get stomatitis and pneumonia,also snakelouse because of uncleared cages. I sometimes saw some white-lipped pythons but with eye illness,their eyes swelled and turned white

1 Like