How long can a ball python last in a shipping box?

My snake was supposed to be here at 9am and now fedex is saying it wont be until tomorrow morning at 9am. How long can she survive in the rep2you box?

I’ve had plenty of animals get delayed 24 hours and they were all fine.

4 Likes

That makes me feel better at least. I am just freaking righ the f out though

2 Likes

Now that I thought about it with a clearer head I doubt breeders would send an animal in a box that couldnt handle a delay

3 Likes

As long as the shipper used the proper shipping products(40hr heat pk) and it’s being stored appropriately for weather conditions(inside hub) it should be fine. I would notify the seller now of the delay and status just in case it’s not received well. Most have a policy to be notified immediately of any issues.

3 Likes

I have had a snake get misdirected and end up in limbo for a week and it was no worse for the wear, an extra 24 hours should not be an issue unless there are temperature extremes

3 Likes

I have had this happen a few times as someone that has shipped and received animals that are delayed. I have never had one show up or sent out that was sick or dead because of the delay. The best advice I can give is to contact the seller and keep them informed of the situation. ALSO video tape and take pictures of the box, opening the box and the contents of the box. If something is wrong it shows the seller and the delivery company most if not all the issues. I wish you the best man and I hope it all turns out ok.

5 Likes

Thank you. Yes I contacted the seller immediately this morning. We are both in Florida so I am not too worried about tempature so much. They did you use a heat pk in my last delivery as well.

@marcus-677-ia Thank you!! that is a very good idea that I had not thought about

3 Likes

Thx you have helped me sleep tonight

2 Likes

After seeing the video mutation creation put out when he received the group of snakes that were delayed a few days and left on tarmac in Canadian winter weather and they all survived, I believe the snakes are very resilient. Now I will say I hope nothing like that ever happens to anyone else but I wouldn’t worry too much about 1 day delay. Even though I am saying this, I too would probably still be very worried! Best of luck to you. I’m sure they will be fine

2 Likes

Yeah I was just concerned about her health and you guys put my mind to ease. Thank you.

2 Likes

FedEx really screwed up. They sent my girl to memphis TN when the beeder and I are both in Florida

The thing that made me most upset was they lied to me multiple times saying that all packages go to Memphis

Call rep2you as well. I had a snake get delayed in Memphis due to fog once and ship your reptile (most likely rep2you also) have access to FedEx that the average person doesn’t have.

3 Likes

She arrived safe and sound. I appreciate all the feedback and concern.

6 Likes

Pictures? We were all worried about her.

1 Like

She was fine. Never got below like 70 last night and she never left Florida. They missorted her from what I understood.

7 Likes

I had a very expensive ball python get stuck in Spokane hub when the power went out. No finding her, no heat other then her heat pack. She was in that box for 2 days… I was a mess. She arrived thirsty but fine. Snakes can handle a lot. If it was a lizard I would be a little more worried. Glad she made it safe!

2 Likes

She is beautiful, thank you for sharing her picture and I’m really glad she is okay.

1 Like

I had a ball python delivered during winter in January this year that was delayed and he did just fine. Snakes are very resilient creatures.

2 Likes

yeah she just tried to eat me lmao she is beautiful thank you

@melissa45 yes now I know they can handle it but like any new parent I freaked out :scream:

1 Like