How many superworms is too many?

One of my girls who originally was doing well on mealworms has decided supers are tastier and demands them every night. I only give 1-2 a day and she her recent poo was normal, although pretty big. Just wanted opinions on this, since I don’t want to end up making her ill.

Well although I dont keep leopard geckos anymore as I have now moved to ball pythons I did keep a little food bowl that had meal worms or supers in them. Generally from what I saw leopard geckos will eat until they get sick so I only had a few in there food bowl at a time. It also depends on their age how much you feed them and since supers are much bigger than mealworms they wont need as many as if they were to eat mealworms. A was that you can gauge if your gecko has healthy body fat is to look at the tail.

1 Like

Too many is when the leo gets sick from eating too many. Normally an adult leo can eat 3-5 supers ever other day. One thing is supers have quite a bit more fat then mealworms so watch for a gecko getting fat. We feed breeding adult females supers during the breeding season otherwise all of our Leo’s get a combo of meals, crickets, and roaches.

1 Like

I read 1 insect per 1 inch of body length (adult) I feed mine 1 or 2 per feeding.

1 Like