How to bring humidity down

I recently acquired my T10 from animal plastics I was planning on using coco chips and Coco fiber. And when the tank is sealed with both of the doors shut for some reason it gets to 80% humidity if not higher. I was wondering if any of you recommend I use a different type of bedding or a way to dry the bedding I have out more. Thanks in advance.

I’ve heard of people putting a sock of rice in the enclosure.

1 Like

I think I am going to try that, thanks :+1:

A spike in humidity regularly happens when I’m using fairly recently expanded coco bedding. Ive gotten in the habit of prepping a large bin worth of bedding so it is dried out when I go to use it.

2 Likes

So how would you say to go about drying it out? Do you think it would be a good idea to provide as much ventilation as possible? Also do you think that the humidity spike will just go away even if the substrate is already in the enclosure?

For drying it out more ventilation will get it closer to the outside temperature, so if you provide more ventilation and the room humidity is less then the humidity will go down. Also if you have a heat lamp and bulb laying around you could expose it to heat to evaporate all of it quickly.

1 Like

I’d not worry too much about it honestly. Unless it remains that high for an extended period of time. If it is bothering you though and you want to drop it quickly, put the boa in another enclosure/tub temporarily and leave the enclosure doors off for a day or two.

2 Likes