How to prevent mold in wooden enclosure?

My boa’s cage is at the proper humidity, but I don’t think the guy I got the cage from sealed it in properly to prevent mold! I was wondering what I could do to kill and prevent mold, without having to buy a new sealant and repaint the entire cage? It’s a 4x2x2, with some holes in the glass for humidity control and a few on the sides. I heard vinegar works well but didn’t know how long I should let it dry before putting my girl back in there?

3 Likes

Sorry, but you will have to kill the mold and then reseal the whole cage. The mold is going to cause a very bad repertory problem for your boa and more than likely kill your boa if not taken care of. This stuff works well for sealing cages. But it will need a week or so to off gas before putting your boa back in the cage.

8 Likes

Okay, thank you so much!

1 Like

Just ordered some, I’ll have them in about a week. Gonna have her in a tote until then so I can deep clean everything and take the heating out of the bottom, and then the extra week for that stuff to dry

1 Like

You can also use this if needed. Its a two part epoxy. It will permanently seal your cage. I use this on my custom wood cages I use to make. I would even do the sides and inside top of the cages.

2 Likes