How to resolve a problem with a shipment of frozen feeders?

Hey guys, so i ordered a rather large shipment of various sized rats and mice but long story short they haven’t arrived yet and have been in transit for about 3 or 4 days by now. What should i do? contact the shipping company or the rat supplier? The whole process has been very frustrating because the rat supplier does not offer a refund or exchange policy despite me not having taken delivery of the rats and mice yet, i also already contacted UPS and they said to wait a extra day and see if it even arrives and if not then they would start a investigation, but would my shipment have already spoiled by then? i never really knew how long the rats would stay frozen for since i always got them on time but with this delay do you still think they would be any good? Its all just so frustrating since i spent several hundred dollars on them and im currently out of work and i thought the least the rat supplier could do was caution that orders may not arrive on time which they did not do. Anything you guys have to offer for advice is greatly appreciated. Stay healthy everyone!

1 Like

I think it depends on what company and how they packaged it I know some companies ship steaks or pizzas in similar dry ice heavy insulated boxes and they can stay good for a few days and I’ve had good luck with feeders from big apple and big cheese getting here frozen solid despite 100 degree Louisiana weather but if they did spoil b4 you get them that would be crappy if they didn’t refund you somehow

https://dryiceinfo.com/shipping.htm

1 Like

yeah it just sucks because i really needed thosr feeders since pet stores are limited where i am.

Just to hopefully ease your mind a bit - I’ve been ordering online for a few years now, and 3-4 days is about the normal for how long the shipping has taken for me and everything has been still frozen solid on arrival even in the summer. It’s also good if it’s a larger shipment since it will take a lot more heat to thaw them out.

Hope they show up in the next day or 2!

1 Like

Once something like that is delayed there is little that can be done while still in transit.

Once your package arrives inspect your feeders and if they no longer appeared frozen, contact the feeder company they will either send you a refund or send you a replacement.

1 Like

alright thank you for the response. They did arrive and were not cold and my current weather in my area did not help either since its nearly in the 90’s. I have also contacted them and they were actually much more understanding than i thought they’d be. hopefully the next shipment is not delayed.

1 Like