Hybrid corns

Hi there, first time poster. GA resident here. I’ve been eyeing some corn hybrids but am unsure if they are legal. I know pure corns are illegal in GA but does the law apply to hybrids as well? Thanks for any info,

T.

6 Likes

Well, considering most of the species corns are hybridized with are also illegal to own, and the law says “regardless of origin or morphology”, the answer there is yes. Hybrids would be just as illegal as a pure corn. Here is the Georgia DNR list of illegal species. They also list a number to call if you are unsure of whether or not something is illegal to keep.

6 Likes

Thanks so much. Guess I’ll just stick with what I got. Appreciate it.

3 Likes

What do you keep currently? We love hearing what others keep!

5 Likes

You might contact them to see if they have a list of what is legal to keep, that way if you have another species you’re interested in, then you know it’s allowed. All the best with whatever you’ve got and choose to keep in the future!

4 Likes

Got several different kings. Mexican Black, Arizona mountain, Cali, desert, Nuevo León and Grey banded kings. Also got a tangerine Honduran milk and an albino bullsnake. I’ve been keeping kings since I was a little kid but have really been expanding the species I own in the last year.

4 Likes

Hello @rtwetherford and welcome to the forum! You have a really nice collection of animals! I love the assortment of king snakes! I have a young grey banded but that’s the only king I have. She’s turning into a really sweet little girl. The albino bull snake sounds interesting as well. But the tangerine Honduran! I’m so jealous! I love love love those guys

This is a great place to be @rtwetherford! And we love pictures too!!! :pray::blush:

3 Likes