I believe my leopard gecko is impacted 😭

I don’t know if anyone has any ideas for me but I believe my little one is very impacted. She (I think she) has not eaten in 2 weeks and has lost some weight. Is constantly now licking her mouth. Is not interested in food at all! Has not had a single BM in over a week now. I tried soaking her for 30 minutes this morning.

2 Likes

We’ll need a bit more info here. She definitely looks stressed out.

What has she been eating?
What is her normal habitat like? Temps and such
Has she been getting vitamin and calcium supplements?
Has she ever been on a bedding type like walnut shells, coco or sand? If so how long?
How long have you had her?

If she does have a bowel movement soon, I would carefully put it in a plastic bag in the fridge and get it tested at a vet office as well.
Leopard geckos unfortunately can also be prone to something called crypto or to parasites as well that can make them ill.

3 Likes

Time for a vet visit, don’t mess around with anything else when your gecko isn’t even an adult.

7 Likes

I tong fed her, Dubia’s and crickets and left Millworms in her 40 gallon enclosure for the first 4 weeks. She was on half aspen half paper towel on the other side. I got her 7 weeks ago. She was approximately 2 months old at that time. 3 weeks or so ago we moved her to a 28q bin on our rack because we thought was sick and we could monitor her more close. She has been on newspaper with 2 hides. One cold one warm. Temps have always been upper 80’s and humidity around 40%.

2 Likes

As far as vitamins and calcium ; I dusted her food in repashy calcium plus and Bee pollen. I also leave a very small dish of calcium w/o D3 in the enclosure/tub.

2 Likes

Yeah, gonna side with @mblaney here. The Aspen can definitely have caused an impaction and the vet will be the immediate answer in how to go forward.

That being said… The enclosures are VERY large for a young gecko. And the changes from one to the other is definitely more added stress. I would see what the vet has to say before changing it further.

3 Likes

Thank you !

1 Like

Hey @marissaburnsworth Marissa! I agree 100% with @mblaney and @armiyana. Your little sweetheart needs a reptile vet visit/assessment/assistance ASAP. The little Leo looks painfully thin to me. Shredded aspen is great for snakes but definitely not for Leos.

Here’s hoping things will work out and all the very best to you Marissa! Keep us updated definitely! We are pulling for the both of you! :heart::pray:

2 Likes

Yes I’m going to get her seen asap. I will definitely update everyone. I very much so hope she is okay and they can resolve this. She was apart of my first 3 leopard geckos and I already had hognoses and milksnakes that were on aspen so I had used it for the first few weeks and by the time I was educated that it was not good for them it was too late unfortunately for this little one and she wasn’t eating.

3 Likes