I got my first clutch of eggs today!

Congrats!!! Me personally I don’t candle eggs I put in the incubator and forget about them. I have terrible luck whenever I have messed with eggs more than is necessary.

2 Likes

Congrats very nice first clutch.

1 Like

Congrats. Wow nine eggs is awsome. I also have my first clutches in the incubator 3 clutches only 6,6, and 5 egg clutches . The waiting is insane.

2 Likes

So exciting! And props on a great pairing, those are going to be great for future projects! Keep us updated with pictures please!

2 Likes

I definitely will share pictures when they hatch and thank you very much

1 Like

Congrats. That is awesome.

1 Like

Thank you!

So today I noticed three of the eggs are changing colors and have white fluffy mold how should I address this issue

I had a similar issue on my first clutch ever this year. I searched for advice and ended up taking the advice of using Lotramin foot powder on the eggs just on the moldy areas.

I first cleaned off the mold with a towel, then applied the powder by rubbing it on with my fingers until the area had a thin coating and felt dry to the touch. I had to repeat the process again a few days later, but after that the mold stopped spreading, and only grew very slowly where it was before.

Both eggs I did this to hatched with no issues.

1 Like

First thing is to candle the egg if the eggs in question, if they are dead there is really nothing you can do anymore.

However sometime some eggs will develop mold because they are too wet and can still be salvage.

First step is to wipe them clean with a slightly damp paper towel.

Second step is to use either Athlete foot powder, or gorilla glue.

5 Likes

This is why I never check eggs lol. I personally feel like messing with eggs is asking for trouble. Ball python eggs are extremely hardy. I’ve had some pretty nasty and narly looking eggs hatch out perfectly healthy hatchlings.

1 Like

Congrats on your first clutch! Sorry I’m late to the party >.<

I look forward to seeing your update in 6 weeks! :smiley:

4 Likes