I guess I should introduce myself…

Hiiii! I have been interested in reptiles all of my life; catching (and releasing!) snakes and lizards as a child, (don’t worry, I was very careful😁 I always loved to look into the types of reptiles in my area, and I was always careful not to injure any wildlife I caught.) I have owned reptiles for many years now, and I absolutely LOVE it! I currently rescue leopard geckos (my fav pet reptiles) and I have four permanent lizards living with me right now. Cleopatra; my very first pet reptile, is a female normal Leo. She was actually rescued from petco! They were going to throw her out the day I went to pick up some supplies. They were just going to throw her away! So, I brought her home with me! She is a wonderful Leo, very curious and happy. Echo was my second leopard gecko. A rescue from a bad situation. She is a beautiful girl, and she loves mealworms! Xerxes and Enzo are my two males, who were rescued from a neglect situation! They were both kept in the same small enclosure, and they were both on the verge of death because of the bullying and neglect. Enzo had mbd as well. Since then, both have gotten so much better, but are still on the road to recovery!
That introduction was much longer than I thought it was going to be😂 and it was only about my Leo’s! Anyway, I am so happy I found this community of reptile enthusiasts, I hope to hear and give advice in the near future! Here are some pics of my geckos; feel free to ask me any questions about them😁

9 Likes

Happy New Year and welcome to the forum! I can’t believe that Petco was going to throw away Cleopatra! How absolutely cruel that is! Unfortunately it happens probably more often than we think.

I’m glad you are nursing these precious little guys back to health! :heart::+1: There are a lot of gecko experts here so any advice you need just ask!

Keep us updated on your sweet little gecko crew! :pray::lizard::lizard::lizard::lizard::blush:

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Your geckos are adorable. Their little faces show so much personality.

4 Likes

I hope that Enzo and Xerxes are living comfortably away from each other now. @_@

They’re all super cute but the first one and the super hypo look great in these photos

5 Likes

I couldn’t help but wait for the little dudes to start selling me insurance. Rofl.
They are cool looking, almost like they are smiling!

3 Likes

:joy::rofl::joy: I just now figured out the joke you were making! DUH! That was cute! :rofl:

2 Likes

A friend of mine actually breeds day geckos😆 he has a lil family of Geico geckos in his house!

2 Likes

Welcome officially to the community, @leorescues! It’s so terrific that you opened your heart and home so unexpectedly. We’re delighted that you’re sharing your sweet geckos with us.

2 Likes