I just got these 3 from Petco. Thoughts on genetics?

Looks like a normal to me.

1 Like

If you could get better pics of that i could look and see if i can tell for sure, but doesn’t look pastel in the box

1 Like

:grin: You did good. It takes years of learning and looking at them to be able to know what they are, and then there times they will still stump you :rofl:

6 Likes

Thanks. I’ll get some pictures of the third when I get home. I don’t want to mess with it in the truck

I would also recommend letting them soak in lukewarm water to help with all that stuck shed. They may also be thirsty so they can drink while in the water. And if you allow them to soak in water let it become deep enough for them to be partially submerged but not completely to the point where they cant stick there head above the water

4 Likes

Here is little helpful guide for dealing with stuck shed, just in case you need it. :slightly_smiling_face:
How to Treat Stuck Shed

3 Likes

Pet stores are the worst. Every time I see BP’s in pet stores they are in crappy condition much like these. Stuck shed, under weight etc. And to top it all off they give inexperienced buyers incorrect information and send them home with poor habitats. Sorry to go on a rant, I just hate seeing it so often. Hopefully you can get all these little guys squared away before too long. Also be sure and sex them yourself to be sure what you have. The only one I ever purchased from a Pet Smart ended up being a male that they sold me as a female.

7 Likes

I completely agree with you but at the same time I dont want to berate a newbie who got them and didn’t know better than to buy from a pet store. But hey, at least those snakes will be treated better now :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

My old boa. I saw the snakes at the Petco and decided to go ahead and get them. I know the reputation the pet stores have. I’ll be at the narbc tinley this weekend. Pretty excited. That will be my first

5 Likes

oh definitely nothing against the poster/purchaser. My ire is directed strictly at the pet stores.

4 Likes

You are going to have an amazing time at tinley. Have a ton of patience, going to be extremely crowed but you will be in aww of all the awesome stuff there.

3 Likes

I was thinking about going In an hour late or so. Seems like a good idea

We are gonna get along just fine me and you :wink:

2 Likes

So the killer bee has some of the spider issues but so far not the worst I ever seen in videos. Basically goes upside down a bit longer than normal. Got most of the shed off. I’ll post some pictures this weekend once they are all cleaned up. Should I just do a new post? This is The lemon blast. Is there anything to the split colors ? Or is that what they are supposed to do? This one seems to have a nice pink stripe that separated the bottom and top.

2 Likes

Normal for a lemonblast yes. My killerbee yellowbelly I had spent a lot of time upside down lol. Never got in the way of him eating and thriving tho. Its actually kind of funny sometimes when you see it.

3 Likes

Thanks! I have had a normal for a long time. This is the first morphs that I have personally owned. Should be fun.

2 Likes

The one is a pinstripe for sure, Killer bee yes and the top one a normal?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the top one is a normal but it still has really cool patterning

1 Like

Seen a normal today. The top one is definitely not a normal. And I got this one today. It was sold to me as a normal. Both of us were laughing about that. I’m sure I saved a ton of money. I Have no idea the genetics.

3 Likes

Concur that is for sure a lemon blast

2 Likes