I just got these 3 from Petco. Thoughts on genetics?

I’m looking into becoming a breeder over the next three years. I don’t plan to buy all of my snakes from Petco but for the price I couldn’t turn these down. I do understand the spider issues. What do you think the genetics are? Thanks

1 Like

Top one could be anything from a normal/wild-type to a whole range of things, were going to need better pictures to even attempt.

The one with the lighter head in the bottom picture looks to me like a Killer Bee ( super-pastel spider) and the other is a pinstripe of some sorts… Again we are going to need better pictures.

Lovely snakes though. :blush:
Guide in asking for Morph Identification Help

2 Likes

I’ll get some better pics up tomorrow. The “killer bee” has some shed I need to deal with. The normal looking one is more yellowish than the normals I’ve seen. It however has a bad attitude and I want to get it home and relaxed before I start messing with it. I’m a truck driver and I deliver for Petco. I don’t want something to happen and the snake doesn’t want to cooperate with me in the truck. Sounds like a potential disaster lol

1 Like

Better pics would help us identify more accurately. I’m leaning towards the fire gene for the top one

3 Likes

Yeah I’ll definitely put it up tomorrow. I was told that one doesn’t like to be handled much.

1 Like

3 Likes

Some of those pics I notice a bit of stuck shed all over the snake. I know you just got them but make sure your Temps and humidity are on point so their first shed with you removes that old one

3 Likes

I’m nearly 100% on the Killer Bee…

The pinstripe has something else going on with it, maybe pastel.

Hopefully a few other guys will pop up and help ID :blush: again, they are lovely

2 Likes

@eaglereptiles you are pretty on point. I agree with it being a killer bee. I’m 99.9% sure the other one is a lemonblast

5 Likes

Thanks. I know they got a long way to go for breeding but we all got to start some where I suppose.

3 Likes

I’ll check out lemon blast on the market and see if I see any that look the same. Thanks!

1 Like

That was the reason that pushed me over the edge to go ahead and get them. My original plan was to get a nice pied at the tinley narbc this weekend. I might still can. Just depends on price

1 Like

A low end pied will run you around 200 to 250. Maybe lower if you are a good negotiator

1 Like

Those are:
Lemon blast (pinstripe Pastel)
Killer bee (super pastel spider)
:grinning:

5 Likes

Thank you :blush:

@nathan_e were getting the hang of this :wink:

3 Likes

So it would be safe to assume the other is a pastel?

Looks like a normal to me.

1 Like

If you could get better pics of that i could look and see if i can tell for sure, but doesn’t look pastel in the box

1 Like

:grin: You did good. It takes years of learning and looking at them to be able to know what they are, and then there times they will still stump you :rofl:

6 Likes

Thanks. I’ll get some pictures of the third when I get home. I don’t want to mess with it in the truck