I maaaaaaaaaay have gone a little overboard

Went to a buddy’s property over the weekend and picked up a few things for some upcoming cage builds.

Not quite sure I got enough, though. May have to go back for more… :thinking:

37 Likes

Gonna build a zoo exhibit huh.

14 Likes

This is my literal dream,If I had a car.

9 Likes

Holly damn… i dont know what you are building, but you either have a very large enclosure, or a lot of firewood. Have fun and show us when it is completed.

12 Likes

Two 4x2x2 and two 6x2x2

And I will likely do a redesign on a 4x2x1… And maybe on one or both of the 8x2.5x1.5

13 Likes

You have your work cut out for you. But it also sounds like fun. And just a guess, you might actually run out.

6 Likes

I see nothing wrong with picking up a few pieces of bark , some cool looking knots in logs and the occasional tree stump LOL, Overboard is when you ask your buddy to use his truck next time :joy::joy:

Have fun with your projects…

10 Likes

Eh…

Worst part is going to be keeping as much dirt outside as possible so as to not upset the wife :joy:

My buddy wanted to use his truck. I refused to let him because he had tied a few on and was not fit to drive

13 Likes

Can’t wait to see the finished product!

Hope you didn’t damage your nice seats shoving all that in there but good call keeping your friend home and off the road.

10 Likes

My goodness this is awesome :sunglasses:

7 Likes

I really think you should go back. I see a little crevice that’s empty!:joy::rofl:

8 Likes

I saw the title and was like “how bad could it be”

Oh My God Wow GIF by reactionseditor

12 Likes

True Stories Omg GIF

Same :rofl:

8 Likes

Who needs a truck when you’ve got a perfectly capable Avalon

12 Likes

The fact that you’re making me look at all the downed trees on our property after last night’s windstorm…Family is not gonna be happy when I start hauling in branches. :joy:

9 Likes

Is Jason Voorhees buried under that bark in the back seat?

Wife worried about dirt in the house? Looks like she’s going to want a full detail. Lol

The things we do for our love of this hobby!

10 Likes

Very nice!! I bet the rear leather seats were screaming for mercy on the way home. What is your personal way for “treating” those larger pieces to make them cage safe? I usually bake my wood items but not possible for some of the larger driftwood or other pieces I have stored.

10 Likes

Wow, how terrifically amazing! Not ashamed to say that I’m absolutely filing this information away for future use. It’s always helpful to point out when someone else goes whole hog, over the top, dragging in even more sticks and/or stumps and/or logs and such-like for projects than me! :partying_face: :rofl: :joy:

7 Likes

I miss all the cool cypress and driftwood we used to be able to get at the reptile shows in the late 80s and 90s. When i got.out of college i bought a brand new 94 Pontiac Formula Firebird. I drove it to the Indy Reptile show. I picked up a HUGE piece of cypress root FOR $60. Almost couldnt fit the piece in the back even with the seat down and barely cleared the back window with the hatch closed. IThe piece was almost 5 ft by 4 ft across the roots and the stump was about 2 ft high. Ended up cutting that into 3 seperate pieces and placed it in the larger cages i had. No digital pics. Too long for.smart phones. But may have a few 3x4 photographs of it in a box somewhere. Will post if i can find them. The root was covered with a polyurathane and a few holes were filled with cement to prevent my Macklots Pythons from seeking the holes for cover. 1 piece went in with a pair of White Lip pythons and a small piece went in with a pair of Green Tree pythons.

6 Likes

Pft that’s nothing. My neighbor once cut down a giant tree that was in his yard and put the branches on the curb so I went and collected all of them for reptile enclosures. They filled up half of my garage :joy: And it ain’t a small garage. I used some of it and the rest is currently sitting underneath my deck to be used in future projects.

4 Likes