I may have erroneously posted incorrect information

Hello i believe that somewhere ( but i cannot find it) i may have erroneously stated that the Hottentotta Tamulus was partheneogenic. The Hottentotta Tamulus AKA Indian Red is not infact partheneogenic. I had recently been discussing the Hottentotta Hottentotta which is partheneogenic, If this was the case i apologize. I try to accurately post correct information and acknowledge when i am wrong. Being a good ambassador requires accurate information and i work hard to be ethical and someone people can trust and rely on.

Thank you for your patience, sometimes my brain gets confused due to my TBI but i do try my best.

In the future i plan to breed select species of scorpions and want for people to trust that what i say is accurate and that they can feel comfortable and confident in shopping with me.

1 Like

Baby scorpions??? Viviparity would be fantastic to see um. live… How utterly cute.

The only invert I’ve thought about caging are orchid mantids, aside from the black widows I kept in enclosures & caught flies for when my boy was but a wee babe, knowing relocation would be futile. Orchid mantids live way too short to justify their costs & although I’ve thought about breeding them so I could always have them around for the pure joy of it, the thought of buying a gazillion micro-exoterras for individual housing for the little ones just went straight into the dismissal bin. [i’ve no desire to enter the marketplace with them.]

But now, I’m having second thoughts! How freaking hard would it be to silicone plexiglass together & make ventilation holes yourself with a velcro screen top? The lighting & heat & little individual plants & twigs should be easy & economical enough! Oh, I’m just spit-balling here, but yeah – I’ve wanted orchid mantids for well over a decade & now with a bit more thought – I may just get me some!! Thank you!

As far as your possible mistake goes, don’t worry - it happens to everyone. Just re-read your entries & edit if necessary & make a footnote of the update, no explanation required. That’s standard practice in professional journalism.

2 Likes

I currently have 2 2nd instar scorpions about the size of my fingernail. They are pretty cute :scorpion: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. Im trying to work with my niece to work out a camera system thats small with night vision to capture the goings on at night with scorpions. I definitely want to capture one of my females giving birth.

Ive noticed an interesting phenomenon is that any insect parts that remain ( which isnt much ) maybe a cricket hind leg or a piece of exoskeleton from a super worm always end up at the edges of their enclosures, im not sure if they just happen to have caught and ate their meal there or they drop the pieces there as a sort of “house cleaning”. I do know that my Leiurus Quinquestriatus (Deathstalker) has been observed digging up his prey out of the sand and carrying it back to his hide to eat.

Scorpions are such fascinating creatures one of the 1st creatures from the sea to adapt to land and unchanged for billions of years, they predate dinosaurs.