I need help on how to save this egg

I had a clutch and about 1 days into incubation two of the eggs started sweating What should I do to save it? Thank you very much for your help

4 Likes

Hi have the eggs been covered,if so leave them uncovered.I have eggs that have looked that and gone full term with no probs.What are incubation temps …are they stable ?Only asking about being covered because of the paper in youre hand,hope this helps regards Tony

5 Likes

Thank you very much. I didn’t cover it with paper, but I noticed that it had oozed water, so I wiped it with paper and the incubation temperature was 32 ℃. I suspect it was caused by too high humidity. Last year, two eggs did the same and went moldy without treatment, so I am worried that they will also do the same. I’m very sorry that my English is not very good. I hope you can understand it.

4 Likes

No worries fella,i incubate mine at 31.5 with no probs maybe drop the temp .5 of a degree and wai and see if mould developes,if it does i sometimes give a light dusting of athletes foot powder seems to help good luck regards Tony

4 Likes

High humidity shouldn’t be a problem, they need the high humidity. My incubator set up runs at pretty close to 100% humidity with no issues. Just out of curiosity, these eggs candled good with good veins? And there is no way the moisture is coming from the lid dripping down?

4 Likes

Your English is quite understandable! I can’t contribute to your question but I can wish you success with your little eggs! Finger crossed :crossed_fingers: that all goes well! :blush::snake:

3 Likes

Humidity isn’t the issue but your substrate is too wet and the eggs are wicking up moisture from the bottom assuming they aren’t being dripped on. You will need to put a layer of dry substrate or some sort of egg grate down so your eggs dont touch ‘wet’. Additionally you can apply a liquid bangage over the wet spots to seal them and form a barrier. If you catch this early enough and address the issues then they will have a decent chance of surviving.

5 Likes

Yes, so far it has been good. I applied a band-aid to the area where the water was leaking. The water droplets did not drip from the box

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your answer. I have applied a band-aid and I’m not sure if it’s okay?

2 Likes

Liquid bandage, not bandaid

3 Likes

The important thing is to keep them off of too wet of substrate

3 Likes

@colezdanis is right, the substrate is too wet. A little condensation from the lid usually won’t cause any problems. Get a light diffuser and set that on the substrate and the eggs on the light diffuser so they are not in contact with the substrate directly. Be careful not to move them or let them roll on the light diffuser, you can cut plastic straws and push them into the substrate to help hold a loose egg in place. Pic
IMG_0409

1 Like