I’ve got a question for y'all!

Hiiiii!! I need y’all’s help! I currently have a hypo tangerine/carrot tail/baldy female leopard gecko, and I was trying to figure out what morph I should get to breed her with! I want to get some interesting colors, probably some bring oranges and whites. What morph male do you think I should get? I’m open to any and all suggestions! Thanks yall!

Sorry if this is a bit of a downer, but just looking at things realistically.

Honestly, it will be a crapshoot on what you would get even if you went with what would be recommended…which would be the best looking blood or tangerine male you can afford.

Everything about your Leo is polymorphic. It’s not guaranteed to be passed down to the next. So even with an amazing looking male, you might not get super hypos and they may not be much brighter than mom. But you might get a few that aren’t too much less bright than dad. You won’t know until they hatch and grow out a bit.

The market is also super saturated with people trying to do similar things since recessives will drop price so quickly. So that’s a lot of competition for geckos that probably won’t look as good as dad.

It does however make for a neat long term project of you work at being selective with which offspring to keep and breed for the next generation. Better looking geckos bred together will tend to give better looking offspring.
If anything, it may be better to look into an additional female to breed since you may not know enough about the background of your female.

3 Likes