ID help or confirmation

I think my female is hiding something, or just revealed something. Enchi was not supposed to be in the pairing. I’m looking to confirm before I call the breeder. Is this girl an enchi or an enchi fire? Mom was sold to me as a hypo fire spider (at min) and dad is a fire (pos OD) het clown, so this girl is also het hypo and 50% het clown. And no I didn’t hit the super fire but it was my goal snake from the pairing.

2 Likes

Last year I produced this boy and he looks like mom but with half the hypo. I’m thinking mom is a hypo enchi spider, no fire.

3 Likes

Do you have pictures of the sire and the dam?

3 Likes

Here are a few pictures of a clutch mate.

2 Likes

The Dam has enchi in her :wink:

3 Likes

That’s what I have been hearing from some fb groups. I figured I would post here because there is a lot of guessing on fb, and this platform isn’t as judgmental and his a broader array of experience. Thank you. I’m a little bummed mom may not have fire but more enchi is a plus.

I am not seeing Fire in her based on the color saturation.

1 Like

I started to suspect she had no fire when her second clutch had no super fire and different spider combos than last year. Granted it’s all an odds game. Last year she was paired to a lemon blast and gave me a bumblebee, spinnerblast, and what a thought was I firebee, now I know it was probably an enchi bee. I held back the one that looks like her and a very clean spinnerblast which I marked poss fire. With that poss fire bring poss enchi now, that will change the breeding plans a little to prove that out. Just goes to show that even the most experienced breeders can get it wrong. This is a great learning lesson for me considering this is only my second year breeding. I appreciate your help, it is hard for a newbie like me to call an experienced breeder for help on a female he id wrong without some input from other experienced breeders. Things happen, we are only human, I’m not upset about it. I will post up some whole clutch pictures after they get a few meals in them.

1 Like

Looks enchi no fire imo

1 Like

Identifying multiple genes in a snake can be very difficult and frustrating. Everyone gets it wrong now and then. It gets easier the longer you do it. And you never know 1000% until you breed and prove it out. I hatch a lot of champagne clutches and they always drive me crazy trying to figure out what is what. I have a few mystery champagnes in my racks that I produced lol.

3 Likes

Most people’s goal is to get all the genes in one snake, my goal was to create variety of single gene snakes, well that backfired on me. I figured a have to learn the basic form first, keep it simple and the rest will come with time. Without a doubt the past 2 years have been an adventure. I would love to keep them all but that’s just not realistic. Clutch update coming soon.